Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/31/2005 11:01:59 PM EDT
OK, I have a Norinco commercial variant "Paratrooper" SKS carbine. It has a 16 1/2" barrel, varnished stock (original). It still has its bayonet lug intact. Is it pre-1989 or not? I have the Polytech AK, a pre-1989 SKS rifle, and an M-44 side by side in my gun safe and I like the spike bayonet theme. How can I tell if my Para is pre 89 or not so I know if I can put a bayo on it or not?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
As it was described to me:
"If you do NOT have the original receipt from
it's purchase, dont even think about putting
that Bayonet on the damn thing." a quote
from a trusted LEO friend.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
They have to prove you broke the law, which means they have to prove when you bought the firearm.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there any way to check the SN, like car dealers can check the VIN code of a car to look for repairs or accidents?
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top