Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/10/2005 5:32:27 PM EDT
Are there any dummy rifle grenades out there that could be used with the Yugo SKS?  Since that ugly launcher is stuck on the end of the barrel, I might as well put it to use and launch something with it.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged/bumped for curiosity.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Search gunbroker.com for M1A2.
Plenty of them on there, and for not much money.

The M1A2 fits US rifle grenade launchers, as well as the Yugo SKS grenade launcher.
I am unsure if you can fire these grenades with just a blank, or if you need special grenade launcher cartridges.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I may have found a source.
Check out this site under the 66 MM blue practice grenade.  It says they work with "Garand, M14, SKS, etc."  

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#4]
There was a place on line selling the M1A2 grenade launchers for $3 a piece. I cant seem to find it now however. Some guys will use zip ties to attach a tennis ball, so its cushioned when you launch them, and they wont land so hard.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#5]
here is what I use. With a "regular" blank I get about 100yds with this.
I guess with a grenade blank I would get about 300yds
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Haha.  That's pretty good.   I found this website witha golf ball launcher.    http://www.bloomautomatic.com/
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Tennis balls fit Enfield "Cup Discharger" launchers perfectly, though it makes a mess of the tennis ball.  150-200yd easy, but you need a SMLE and .303 blanks too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#8]
i just got an M1A2 at a gun show today, and im wondering how they work. it doesnt quite fit on the end of my SKS, but i figure i could get it on. does the tube part just stay on the gun, even when you fire it? I'd like to try to shoot something off of it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i just got an M1A2 at a gun show today, and im wondering how they work. it doesnt quite fit on the end of my SKS, but i figure i could get it on. does the tube part just stay on the gun, even when you fire it? I'd like to try to shoot something off of it.

No, the whole assembly will leave the barrel - that is why you see people using tennis balls.
The idea is to cushion the impact.
Also, when you fire the grenade, make sure your SKS's gas switch is in the correct position.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top