Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 9:06:55 PM EDT
This may be a no brainer to some but I have a friend that just picked up a Yugo and also bought a 30rd Duck-Bill mag for it. He had to shave out some wood to get it to fit and now the question:: to get the mag to latch in he has to pull the bolt back and lock it back, The mag goes right in and latches in nicely. He then has to push down on the follower to get the bolt to close...with out the bolt being locked back the mag will NOT go up into the slot and latch in...it will only go in when the bolt is back....Is this the norm for this rifle and mag set up?? Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Every one of those mags I have come in contact with were complete JUNK! They never fit right and cause all kinds of Jams/Malfunctions. I went back to the factory Mags.

Hope you have better Luck!
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I expect you'll find that the mag won't come out with the bolt closed, either.  You'll notice that, upon close examiniation, the bolt actually rides inside the feed lips of the mag, I'd wager.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Not to rain on your parade, but setting up an SKS to use the duckbill mags is a sec. 922(r) violation.

Don't do it.  The SKS duckbill mags are neither reliable, nor legal.  Best stick with the fixed mags.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
With that said, here is the lock.  I realize that the original poster did not know this was an illegal conversion, but now he does.  Adding a detachable mag to the Yugo with its already installed bayo lug and grenade launcher creates an illegal assault weapon.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top