Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/20/2003 3:56:49 PM EDT
Just got two Yugo SKS's - love em!  I've decided to remove the grenade launcher sight and have noticed that one of them has night sights with tritium inserts.  Q - nothing rare or valuable here, right?  Just wanted to find out for sure before I started removing the thing.

Found this link with good SKS info:
www.carbinesforcollectors.com/sks.htm

Any other good sites with info on using the night sights, grenade launcher, ect?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Tritium, are you sure, do they illuminate in darkness? The reason I ask is the rifle I have(59/66) does have flip up night sights but appear to be iradium like the old glow in the dark watches, however they are DOA. I don't think you can hurt the value cutting the sights though, have any genades? (LOL). Heres a link how-to www.surplusrifle.com/sks/grenadesightremoval/index.asp
As well as www.sksboards.com/
x_v
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tritium, are you sure, do they illuminate in darkness? The reason I ask is the rifle I have(59/66) does have flip up night sights but appear to be iradium like the old glow in the dark watches, however they are DOA.

I'm sure you're right, xv.  Thanks for the reply.

I also desided not to remove them after all.  I know that an SKS is no Mauser or 1903, but I get sick everytime I see one of these rifles "sporterized" - especially if it's a crummy job.

Gonna leave em like they are - I can always change them by removing the sight later if I want.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got a Yugo that came with night sites. I dont think they are that rare.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top