Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/5/2003 11:45:12 AM EDT
I was searching the WWW and came across a listing for a pre-ban Norinco SKS Paratrooper model that is made (at the factory) to accept AK magazines.  Does anyone have any exprience with these?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of the Norinco SKS's that came from the factory modified to use AK mags a few years ago. It has a chromed bore and chamber. I found that some mags (30 rnd) worked and some did not and I have no clue as to who the manufacturers were for either. The ones I like the most are the 20 rounders -- they all seem to work perfect for me and are handy for range use. I buy the 20 rounders every chance I get. I took the original Monte Carlo stock off (stashed it away) and put on a black plastic Monte Carlo stock so I could modify the plastic to allow me to use the 75 round AK drums. The plastic stock is the one listed as a "Sporter" stock. I didn't need to take much off the stock for the drums to fit and the mod is almost unnoticeable. I installed a muzzle brake to help keep the muzzle down when it's fired. I guess the short rifle likes to really climb when fired. This is my second SKS -- I sold the first one and immediately regretted it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe it's a SKS model D or M. I believe most of them were Chinese. Depending on the price & what you want the SAR1 might be a better deal.
I've seen some of these sell used for as low as $300 recently.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top