Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » SKS
Posted: 7/3/2003 7:25:53 PM EDT
Is it possible to convert the SKS to reliably accept and function with AK-47 mags? I have seen a couple post on folks advertising a booklet depicting how to make the modification, but no details.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 1:14:22 PM EDT
Norinco did it with the D model which became the Sporter which I have.
I don't know how cost effective it would be to convert one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 8:25:11 PM EDT
This has been cussed and discussed numerous times here. In short, the answer is that it can be done. It is extremely expensive, costing more than the rifle, or a new AK for that matter, and is not very reliable. Best to enjoy things for what they are and not try to turn them into what they are not. The D model Norinco is the exception, but then again, they have a government owned factory and an endless supply of engineers to figure these things out.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:21:34 AM EDT
Spend $160 and buy a Saiga from CDNN and convert that, or just buy an SAR-1. Trying to convert an SKS is not worht the effort and will generally prove unreliable.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 6:41:38 PM EDT
Good enough. I have a SAR-1 and having a blast with it. The SKS purchase was on a whim and its an good and accurate shooter. So we will just keep it the way it is for now. The whole idea seemed a bit farfetched to me anyway.
Thanks
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top