Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/10/2003 4:21:53 PM EDT
I am looking for one and have not found one yet, who sells them? Do they work ?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I have read the chinese do work well.  I think I have seen them at Tapco, and perhaps aimsurplus.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered mine from impactguns.com several months ago for $27. I have no idea if they still have them in stock.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:13:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Do they work ?

Depends on who you ask and if you believe them.

Some SKS rifles are more picky than others when it comes to simply fitting the mag period. Once the mag is in place function would be a 80/20 prospect IMO. Some folks claim they work just great, if you surf and search this subject on several boards you'll get a mixed bag of results.

My personal experience was that fitting the mag to my Chicom was no biggie. Function was excellent with 17 rounds or less. Perhaps a little tinkering would have gotten the full 20 rounds to load and feed but I never bothered.

They do look pretty cool when installed and are probably a better choice than some of the aftermarket mags out there.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I found one and will give it a try. I will let you all know how it works.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 2:17:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I got one from CDNN (star type) and it turned out to be a POS.  I screwed around with it for a while and finally got it to feed reliably.  That lasted a couple of trips to the range then the follower arm broke and that was the end of that experiment.

It seems to be a hit or miss kind of deal as I have heard of people that actually got good ones.

Hoppy
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I found one and will give it a try. I will let you all know how it works.

How did it work out?  I've got one on the way.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I finaly got my mag yesterday and had a chance to use it it works great but like wildwes said it liked about 17 or 18 better than 20 rounds. I only had one fail to feed out of 140 rnds.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:55:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Have no great criticism of the 20rd mags. If you've got a bad one from CDNN, i'd be very surprised if they didn't refund!
As for myself, I prefer the USA 30rd steel box mag because they have the bolt hold back and can be clip loaded.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top