Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/19/2017 4:26:14 AM EDT
Local pawn shop has sks, labeled as Chinese but has cccp then number after that.

Stock is laminated and nice, no bayonet, had scope covering dust cover that looks aftermarket so can't see all of receiver.

Other numbers on receiver and trigger guard has two letters, looks like yh or vh followed by four numbers. Not sure how to post photos..

Asking $370 but will come down

Is this in fact a Russian sks?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:39:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Does it look like this?

*not my pic
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#2]
YES! THANK YOU!! Does not have original dust cover that I can tell.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#3]
The Chinese SKS's are also good so even if it's not Russian that's fine

A replacement bayonet is like $20

Just don't expect supurb accuracy from an SKS

SKS often have sloppy head spacing, heavy triggers, loose stocks, a gas system that's not tuned for accuracy

You can expect a slight wandering Zero, and consistant hits on a 18" plate at about 300 yards at best
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a Russian SKS that was plenty accurate with Wolf ammo.  I installed a Williams peep sight and then a Tech Sight when they came out.  I could bang steel out to 350 with the irons without any problems.  It would have made a fine deer gun. 

These were available for $89 to $189 back in the day, depending on condition.  It was a fine high powered plinker for a first rifle.  I am amazed at the cult-like following they have these days.....
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:48:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I got it yesterday, Russian with scope but no original mag bayonet or receiver cover. $335 out the door. Where can I get original mag, bayonet and receiver cover. It looks all most new in condition. Has aftermarket (removable) flash reducer. Was this a decent deal?
Thanks
Huck
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 2:21:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Not a terrible price but I would have tried to beat him down to $285. The non original parts kill value.

ETA: Pictures for a proper evaluation?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks all for the info, Ill still cant figure out how to post photos yet.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top