Posted: 3/4/2017 8:48:47 PM EDT
I know little about SKS's:

I have the opportunity to buy an SKS:

- Norinco, "26" inside the pyramid stamp,
- supposedly made in 1972,
- good wood,
- cruciform shaped spike bayonet
- sling is stamped "7.62" with lots of Mandarin characters,
- sling is attached to swivels with shiny metal....spirals?

I don't know if the barrel was screwed in or pressed and pinned, but where the barrel goes into the receiver, it is cylindrical and then steps down to a thinner diameter after an inch or so.

$425
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I like those slings with the spring style attachment I haven't seen too many of them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I would pass for that price.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is a real clean or unfired (well, unfired since getting over here) Chinese SKS that isn't bad anymore... my refurb I bought last fall was still greased and was $425, nicely done gun overall and shoots well, hard to beat the feeling of being the first person to shoot it despite being stateside for 25+ years.  Some of those were done better than others, I have two and you can see the difference in finish quality and workmanship.  I'd feel better at around $375 though if it's used or showing wear, maybe see if they'll take $400 for it.  They still aren't rare, even in unused condition, at least in the US.  They will certainly command more in restricted states, in PA they aren't the hottest semi auto around.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would pass for that price.
View Quote

What would you say is a fair price in a high cost area?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What would you say is a fair price in a high cost area?
View Quote

They can be found for 325-375 all day long around here. I've seen them sitting at 325 for a while without a buyer.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top