Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2017 7:58:15 PM EDT
Should work, right? Simple stock change. Where to get one though?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#1]
A SKS D has a 20" barrel with bayo lug, the M is 16".

A standard SKS stock can have its magazine well area opened up a tad and work. A factory D stock is going to be pretty rare to find.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The geometry of the stock is the same, far as I've been led to believe. On the second part, here's to idiots. They're is one guyear on easy though, supposedly.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#3]
For that matter, I could use a regular sks stock. I'll have to fit and deal with the gap ahead of the magwell though
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#4]
A correct D will have a removable bayo with a rivet instead of a screw. came across a D some time back...unfired in 98% condition. Nice rifle which takes Tapco crapko AK mags very well.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I re- stocked my M into a factory Yugo m59/66 stock.  I filled the bayo slot, opened up the magwell and made a sheet metal liner for it.  Liner has a tab that filled in where the "duck bill" part of the original mag was.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top