Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2016 10:29:31 AM EDT
Are there any decent scope mounts out there for SKS rifles right now?  I had one once that was a replacement for the rear receiver cover, but it didn't hold a zero very well.

I found this one on Amazon, and it has decent reviews.  Anyone ever tried one?  Or is there a better alternative.  I don't want to do anything permanent to my rifle.

UTG SKS Mount

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#1]

I have a few UTG products and mine are okay for certain items.  Really like their low profile AR BUIS.  I also have their quick disconnect picatinny scope mount and decided to replace it with a P.E.P.R. Burris mount as the scope mount screws did not stay tight under 556 recoil.  If I had no other options I would have use thread locker on the screws.  

I do not have an SKS, but when I look at the mount in question, it appears to have a long, unsupported portion that I think would make sighting devices, especially heavier items such as a scope, unreliable due to flexing.

Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I had an sks with a scout mount that replaced the rear sight. It was about the best one I ever came across, but I used a red dot with it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:41:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Magwedge Kwikrail. You can find them on Ebay.

Magwedge Kwikrail
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top