Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/21/2016 10:25:26 PM EDT
So my uncles friend has an sks that i am slightly interested in, its a norinco sks he bought in the early 90's its in great condition, he has never shot it, and he bought a bunch of accessories for it, he has a plastic folding stock with it, a fixed plastic stock, a second top cover that has a metal heat shield looking thing attached, some cheap scope still in the box, unknkown scope rings still in box, an old school rear dust cover weaver rail made from a surplus/parts dust cover.  also does not have the bayonet, he thinks he might have it but didnt have it when i looked at it.  also the original stock and upper handguard are there as well.  i really dont want the other junk with the sks just the sks, what should i do? buy everything and try to sell it? i can see anyone really interested in those silly tapco style stocks but i could be wrong.  i honestly want to buy the gun and list the other stuff on the EE here or put it on ebay..  what does everyone think?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
350 and try to get it all. Worst he can say is no.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:43:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Dump all that plastic horseshit and leave it original.  Buy clips, ammo and a sight tool.
It'll never be a tack driver but you can make it more accurate by working the sights.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't even bother with the aftermarket stuff. just buy the rifle in it's original configuration,
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#4]
it has a sight tool, i forgot to mention, i also own one as well i have an sks already just was wanting another one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#5]
If you only want one SKS it's also worth it to send the trigger pack off to Tom Prince/Kivaari for a clean up job and sear engagement check - many SKS rifles have negative sear engagement and can fire even with the safety engaged if the rifle is jolted hard enough while loaded, e.g. dropped on rock or fall off a range bench..  He will clean up the trigger, reduce its pull, and replace the sear if it is found to be in the negative.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
that is good info, thanks!
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top