Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/31/2016 5:51:31 PM EDT
Anyone try the tapco stock with 6 pos butstock?
 If so what are your thoughts?
Or what is a good replacement for an old sks stock?
thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Had one years ago.  Sold it and put the wood stock back on.

IMO the SKS is best left as is. Trying to make it into an AR/AK type rifle is throwing money down a  hole.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Careful of 922r.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I was looking at a sks that had a very poor and cracked stock.
no interest in to making it a ak.
If the stock is made in the USA, that should be ok correct?  Not adding a extended mag.  Just mabe a different stock.
I prefer the wood but they did not have any extra wood stocks.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
junk....check around. I think a guy on AKfiles had 2 wood Chinese stocks for sale. $40. Not sure if spike or blade bayo
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I built one for a guy with the Tapco stock and shortened the barrel to 16" and removed bayonet/mount. Took a huge amount of weight off the gun and moved the center of gravity back farther. Stock felt a little flimsy but it held up well. Huge improvement in shootability. Much more fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 2:47:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm guessing you are talking about the T6 stock, or whatever it was called.  Back in the day when they first came out, I picked one up and threw it on an 85 dollar SKS I had, a buddy bought it, loved it, but then got rid of it because he just never shot it.

Me, all my SKS's are in original stocks.  Although I plan on moving my SKS-M into a regular SKS stock, instead of the Monte Carlo monstrosity it's in now, as soon as I can make sure I can open up the mag well and have it look good.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone try the tapco stock with 6 pos butstock?
 If so what are your thoughts?
Or what is a good replacement for an old sks stock?
thanks
View Quote

Buy an AK.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Careful of 922r.  
View Quote

Don't turn this into yet another gay 922r discussions.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Careful of 922r.  

Agreed there are a ton of threads on that stupid garbage.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I am sure we all agree that 922r is garbage. However it is the law. We get lot of new people that have no clue about it. Thus the reminders. Just away to make sure new shooters don't get in trouble for something stupid.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am sure we all agree that 922r is garbage. However it is the law. We get lot of new people that have no clue about it. Thus the reminders. Just away to make sure new shooters don't get in trouble for something stupid.
View Quote

Please site an instance where an individual was prosecuted for or even charged with violating 922r?

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm from Mass where, as most of you are probably aware, our AG went full librtard this summer and reinterpreted the assault weapon laws all on her onsies.
Without getting too much into that, it pushed me to do what I could to make my  stock, non-assault weapon SKS look extra mean and assaulty kind of as my personal FU to her.  
I like it!  With the barrel chopped to 16" and a red dot on a Scout Scope Mount it handles and points very nice. I find the balance much improved.
I don't like when people say "you'll never make it into an AR/AK".
I'm not trying to. I just took an old rifle platform and made a few modern changes to it to make it handle more to my liking.

BTW If you do go with the Tapco and you want to put some kind of  Scout Mount on it, you'll most likely need a cheek riser. I did.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top