Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/23/2012 6:23:39 PM EDT
I have my eye on a 54' Tula.

It appears to not be a refurb. It is a KBI import. No X's on stock, all the #'s match no refurb mark on the top cover, the top cover has the 2 tone finish look.
Box, sling, etc..

Seller wants $350...

What else should I look for 2 verify if it is a refurb or not?

I can't c spending $350 on a refurb 54' Tula...
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
350.. I paid 380$ for mine  a refurb 1950 tula, and i thought i did well. Russian SKS's are just going up in price due to the unability to import. 350 sounds fair to me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank U 4 the input.

How can I tell if it is a refurb. When I pik er' up I will  post a pic....
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thank U 4 the input.

How can I tell if it is a refurb. When I pik er' up I will  post a pic....

XXXXX on the stock, [/] on the top of the receiver cover

FYI there is nothing wrong with an arsenal refurb, they basically take an old battle wagon and turn it into a brand new rifle. Mine was pretty much unfired from the arsenal. IF you find one non arsenal for sub 400 you have done very well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 5:09:04 AM EDT
[#4]
No X's on stock or refurb mark on the receiver cover..
I wanted to find a non-refurb so I had one as a shooter and one to display/shot.

I suppose the collectable value would be greater with the non refurb.

Thanks 4 posting the pics.
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No X's on stock or refurb mark on the receiver cover..
I wanted to find a non-refurb so I had one as a shooter and one to display/shot.

I suppose the collectable value would be greater with the non refurb.

Thanks 4 posting the pics.

Another hint of A REFURB that i forgot to mention, is the bolt carrier as is black on many of them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi Guys, this is my first post on this forum.  If you want to know everything about SKS's I was told about this site from another board I belong to, http://www.yooperj.com/SKS.htm.BAK  it has a ton of information.  Good luck on the Russian.  I'm looking for a non-refurb myself.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 8:01:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hi Guys, this is my first post on this forum.  If you want to know everything about SKS's I was told about this site from another board I belong to, http://www.yooperj.com/SKS.htm.BAK  it has a ton of information.  Good luck on the Russian.  I'm looking for a non-refurb myself.

Excellent site, thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 4/17/2012 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have my eye on a 54' Tula.

It appears to not be a refurb. It is a KBI import. No X's on stock, all the #'s match no refurb mark on the top cover, the top cover has the 2 tone finish look.
Box, sling, etc..

Seller wants $350...

What else should I look for 2 verify if it is a refurb or not?

I can't c spending $350 on a refurb 54' Tula...

My 54 Tula is also a KBI Import. Bought it in 1994. Bolt is bright but the the bayonet blade is blackened. All numbers match but the stock was force matched having the "XXXX's".
Although it does not display the refurb mark it appears practically brand new and must have at least been refinished at some point. I have never been able to determine if my KBI russian was refurbished or perhaps just refinished.  

Don't think my post helps you much OP but maybe I can learn something too from others who may info!
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top