Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2012 8:22:03 AM EDT
This is more in reference to a legal question rather than a how to. I didnt really know where to post this question but since it seems as though alot of people go through this in reference to their SKS, I figured I'd start here. I'm wondering if once you modify your rifle to be 922r compliant, do you need some kind of certification stating that it's compliant? I'm just wondering how LE would verify this is there was ever an issue.

I'm asking mainly because I'm looking to get a saiga 12 and would like to use high cap mags and would therefore need to make it 922r compliant. But if I replace the gas piston, how would LE know?
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This is more in reference to a legal question rather than a how to. I didnt really know where to post this question but since it seems as though alot of people go through this in reference to their SKS, I figured I'd start here. I'm wondering if once you modify your rifle to be 922r compliant, do you need some kind of certification stating that it's compliant? I'm just wondering how LE would verify this is there was ever an issue.

I'm asking mainly because I'm looking to get a saiga 12 and would like to use high cap mags and would therefore need to make it 922r compliant. But if I replace the gas piston, how would LE know?

They wont. Its usually used as a ad on charge if you are cought. Have I ever heard of someone just being cought and charged over a 922r violation and nothing else? never....
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure, the last thing I would need is to have someone bust my balls over some stupid paper even if all my other boxes were checked.

Sweet pic by the way, great stout.
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Law enforcement is never going to ask you to crack open your weapon and prove 922(r) compliance.

the only time 922r even matters to anybody is when an importer or a manufacturer is getting nailed for something else.

it's not like they have 922(r) police running around inspecting private guns.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top