Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/29/2006 5:02:52 PM EDT
Is this Bulgarian AKS-74U kit the most authentic around?

www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16231&cat=254&page=1

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#1]
yup
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
yup

cool. thanks man.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on what type.

Bulgarian, I would think so.

Russian, for the most part. One would need to replace the handguards (with a vented set), pistol grip, and the folding stock with the correct Russian parts.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Depends on what type.

Russian, for the most part. One would need to replace the handguards (with a vented set), pistol grip, and the folding stock with the correct Russian parts.

That's what I want to do. Bulgarian to somewhat-Russian AKS-74U Krink.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Depends on what type.

the wood sucks on these kist but everthing else is awesome
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Depends on what type.

I know several companies are doing turn key Bulgarian AKS74Us, made with SLR105s and Bulgarian AKS74U parts....

Simply add Russian stock set/parts, and be pretty much there.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#7]
yep.

so..........

plum mags? not bakelite?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
yep.

so..........

plum mags? not bakelite?

Yes, shiny plum Tulas.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#9]
gotcha.

thanks Stottman.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]

This is one Chris Butler built on an SLR105 and a demilled Russian Krink kit...

Spooky
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I thought the later Russian Krinks had non-vented HGs like the Bulgarians? See Spooky's pic above.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought the later Russian Krinks had non-vented HGs like the Bulgarians? See Spooky's pic above.

They do, however they also replaced other parts like an updated FSB, Bolt carrier, etc.. Bulgarians copied the earlier version
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#13]
here are some pics of my 84 russian krink project......i must give thx to stottman and andrei(andy arts..ruseller) for the parts needed to finish it up

shiney plum mag, grip on its way from andrei, original 84 dated sling, original h/g's w/ vents cut by me all built on an ak builder spring steel flat....does have crown cut in selector stop but no trigger bump as i was to anxious!! have more recent pics since painted and baked

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Lookin good...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:28:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
images.snapfish.com/345%3C43394%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D3245%3E3%3C6%3E484%3EWSNRCG%3D32334%3A%3C%3B5%3A495nu0mrj

This is one Chris Butler built on an SLR105 and a demilled Russian Krink kit...

Spooky

Is that an SBR?  Why have the US made grip on it if so?  No sense spending all that money on a "Russian" AKSU build and then using an incorrect grip.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:36:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Here is my progress on my demilled Russian kit:

Custom trunnion that I scanned in off the original on the left and reworked slightly so that the last 4 would be usable for a template to also engrave the bolt too(worked perfectly):  Left one is the original demilled, right one is the uber-expensive one I had custom engraved from my multiple hours of Photoshop work.

Here is the reassembled punch press barrel assemly:

Now all I need is the receiver.  I have a SLR-105 on hand, but I want to see what Harlan and DCI come out with before I commit to building on the 105.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:31:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Here is a close up of the grip, its not USA.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#18]
ok -- doesn't look russian though either.  is it?  looks bulgarian pattern, which made me assume it was k-var.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#19]
The kit had Russian wood, but it was one of the early Bulgarian demilled rifles.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#20]
ok -- that makes sense then.  Stottman can probably hook him up with the right grip.  I have a brown Tula grip and a shiney plum Tula grip -- I haven't decided which to use, but it will probably be the plum one.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#21]
He wants it left as a Bulgarian Krinkov, as the kit was received. He is having a Russian built to go with it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#22]
ahhh -- lucky SOB!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:52:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Here is my progress on my demilled Russian kit:

Custom trunnion that I scanned in off the original on the left and reworked slightly so that the last 4 would be usable for a template to also engrave the bolt too(worked perfectly):  Left one is the original demilled, right one is the uber-expensive one I had custom engraved from my multiple hours of Photoshop work.
home.comcast.net/~kilo1196alpha/WEB_PICS/AKSU_Trunnion.jpg

Here is the reassembled punch press barrel assemly:
home.comcast.net/~kilo1196alpha/WEB_PICS/Tula_rebuilt_late_barrel_assembly.jpg

Now all I need is the receiver.  I have a SLR-105 on hand, but I want to see what Harlan and DCI come out with before I commit to building on the 105.

When you do your graphics work for the trunnion engraving, does it matter what size it is or can the engraving system adjust it if needed?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:55:27 AM EDT
[#24]
i 'm pretty sure it can be scaled, although i suspect there can be some loss of quality if you go too far either direction.  you might want to contact steve sawyer about that.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top