Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:36:07 PM EDT
Just picked up my title 1 bulgy krink from Inrange. So far I must say this is the nicest build I have seen. Only minor things could possibly be better. The carrier is very tight at the last 1/4 inch of travel, to the point that you have to push the charge handle forward at times to completely lock up. The gas piston roll pin was a little long on one side but not far enough to rub. Some of my mags will not quite go in because the trigger guard is so close to the front trunnion. Others are a very tight fit. Guess Id rather have tight than loose. Hopefully both these tight issues will work out very quickly. Of course the handguards were ugly (probably worst I have ever seen), they were kinda sticky on top of that horrible brown color ( they will be replaces with Blond soon). Thats a bulgy thing... not inrange though. With all that said here is the other side. The fake can is beautiful, probably the nicest Ive seen. The finish is almost a perfect match. That is pretty odd for these krink build from what Ive seen. The handguard fit is close enough that it is very tight to push the front latch into its grove. Ive seen too many that had at least 1/8 inch of slop. The tightness gives a much better feel.  The side fold is smooth and has good lockup in both open and closed positions. Not sure what trigger group he used but it has a good feel and smooth pull although I may have to trade it out one day for an adjustable. The safety selector is smooth with good tension and good alignment. Overall I am very pleased with this unit and would highly recommend Inrange to build another krink. I loved the fact that the gun was sealed inside a plastic bag, this is a nice touch that shows he cares about his builds. I may not have the chance to loosen everything up in use or to see if there is any long-term problems. This is going to be primarily a safe-queen. I have two others that are for fun, this is the nicest by far. I think anyone considering a krink ought to look into Inrange for the build, it is one of the best jobs Ive seen even with (very) minor issues. Thanks Inrange, Ill be a returning customer.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Just picked my krink up friday as well.  Mine is also very tight but I'm sure it will loosen up a bit with time.  I am overall very happy with it.  Like prophet455 said above, the handguards in these kits are nasty. I am going to do the OOOO steel wool thing and see if I can get them polished up a little.  If not, I will start looking for some russian laminated wood forearms.  After spending $1400 dollars, I vow to keep mine at the range as much as possible  and not in the gun safe.  If I wear it out, who am I kidding, I can't find enough ammo right now to break it in let alone wear it out

As far as In Range......I'll be back for more
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#2]
pic please
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Here are some pics

LINK
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:25:57 PM EDT
[#4]
This is very heartening to those of us who have waited such a long time for the SEAK 3's. Having heard that Troy is a great builder is a lot different from hearing from actual customers with very similar builds. (The SEAKs are Yugo 7.62 Krinks-- the wood in the early photos looks just about mint, so we shouldn't have any handguard problems.) Thanks very much. And by the way-- I'm very jealous! I wanted a 5.45 reeeeal bad, but there just weren't any kits out then.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I am waiting on a seak 3 also, with the job doen on this one, I am rather exited to see the seak 3. I think he will do a great job.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:35:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys, Yes they will loosen up some. It is the molycoat on the trunion locking lugs. We only test fire the SLRs with ten rounds. That's not enough to scrap it off. About the wood! I'm sorry about that. I'm not a wood worker. I would suggest you strip the old finish and use the orange RIT dye. There have been many people on this forum do it and they look awsome. Check the general discussion forum for the info.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I am going to swap the wood for full blond when I can find a us floorplate or follower for 5.45 anyway, otherwise I would strip it. Thanks for the great setup Troy. Now the hard part is we expect as good of work on the seak 3s you da man.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Here are some pics of my In Ranged SLR105,Troy installed the sidefolder,did the cryllic lettering and re-finished it.Beautiful work!

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#9]
NICE!!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Sweet, Troy you better gear up, I saw where you said you wanted to be involved in the next Seak project. My vote is that you are the builder. Now if we can all agree on what to build... Excellent work...
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top