Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/25/2005 8:05:55 PM EDT
I have been wanting a krink for awhile now.
I have been thinking about building one of the short  Yugo's\
My question is how effective is the 7.62 Russian out of a barrel that short. Will it still perform well.
I still may end up buying a 5.45
What is a Krink from ORF or one from Troy going for these days.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT

Maybe i should be more specific. What kind of velocity am i going to lose out 7.62 krink compared to a shorter barrel. I really like 5.45 but am noticing that a 7.62 kit may be easier to find.  Plus mags are a whole lot easier to get.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm having a 7.62 Yugo Krink built eventually.  I don't know how much velocity I'll will loose with the short barrel but I am sure it will be at least 300fps no matter what caliber it is.   The weapon was designed for close quarters use and isn't meant to shoot long range.  I bet it'll still punches a hole in paper at 100 yards.  That is good enough for me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:42:20 AM EDT
[#3]
you lose alot on both

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you lose alot on both

True dat.....but the huge fireball that you get is pricelesshttp://2ni2.com/emoticon/special/gifs_demonios.gif
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#5]
It seems to me that the 5.45 would have a flatter trajectory, and would therefore be more desireable at medium ranges.

BTW: Sent my krink off today to Inrange to let Troy do his thing. I can't WAIT to get it back!
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top