Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/5/2003 2:06:08 AM EDT
I saw the RSA "woman in a black dress" video and the drifted to this forum.  Two questions for you.

1) Who is that lovely yong woman working as RSA spokesmodel?  I've seen here photo shoots and here video greetingto ARFCOMers.  Is she related to the owners or what ; she is stunning and seemingly sweet as can be

2) What is a "krink"?  I'm not very familiar with the AK weapons system.  I have never bought one because I thought they would always be available (pre ban and cheap) and then they all seemed cheaply made.  But it may be time for me to take the plunge.  I saw the ad for the ARFCOM edition.

Thanks for the info just have never heard of krink.  Alan
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#1]
AWB317:

First, let me say "welcome to the Dark Side!" :-)

Debate swirls around the actual origin and meaning of the name "Krinkov" (of which "Krink" is an abbreviation), but that is the generic term for the AKSU family of weapons. Basically it's an AK rifle chopped down to SMG dimensions, but retaining the assault rifle caliber. Primarily of Russian or Bulgarian manufacture, with many variations in existence (stamped vs milled receiver, solid stock/underfolder/sidefolder, 5.45/5.56/7.62.

Several other nations have fielded "Krinkov-type" short AKs (Romania, Yugoslavia and Poland come to mind), but these differ significantly from the Russian/Bulgarian pattern.

Most everyone who owns a Krink in the States has had it built up on a host receiver, using a Bulgarian parts kit. These can be post-ban guns built on virgin receivers, or a rebuild of a pre-ban AK. Some folks register their Krink builds as short-barreled rifles, in order to avoid the need for a barrel extension.

Of course, there are some "post sample" select-fire AKSUs and AKS-74Us that are owned by Class III dealers/mfrs, and some individuals who have had their registered AK machine guns rebuilt into the Krink configuration.

I'm sure the usual suspects will be along shortly, with gobs more info and pics.

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Just do a search on Miss RSA and you will find out more about her.

KF
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#3]
RSA Woman in a black dress video???

Where is this video?

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#4]
url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=58362&w=searchPop
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top