Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2003 10:34:43 PM EDT
Krinkfreak, and everyone else, I'm looking for a source for a fake suppresor for my 7.62 Krink kit, and I'd like to get one that's a nonworking copy of the PBS-4 or -5.  Any suggestions?  I just don't care for the look of the plain-tube suppressor, and I'm going to wait to see if the AW ban goes away to go SBR.

Plus, it would be my luck to get an SBR stamp and then get transferred to a non-SBR state.

Any tips would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:39:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Adventurer_96,

The only smith that I am aware of that advertised the manufacturing of a fake suppressor like the type you're looking for was SAI....and that was awhile back...Based on all the negative publicity that has arisen surrounding SAI, I would not recommend them to you.

I would however recommend Mike at Ohio Rapid Fire....Those guys can just about put anything together and I'm sure they would welcome the challenge....

Give them a call next chance you get.

Good luck!

Troy
"KF"
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The '94 AW ban has nothing to do with NFA weapons, including SBRs, Machineguns and AOW's. It will not affect the rules with regards to foreign produced weapons either. However, post '04 you should be able to take foreign produced weapons with the correct number of US manufactured parts and put them into AW configuration.

You can still get an MG or SBR now although there are some restrictions on what else can be on an SBR if made post '94.

Just in case you don't already know.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a *customer* of SAI, awaiting the return of my stuff.  We've all seen the threads in the AK discussions forum, so I won't even go there.

I'll have to give Rapid Fire a call.  There's also an outfit here in Arizona that manufactures real PBS-5 suppressors, I may have to give them a call to see what they have to say.  

I understand the NFA/AWB issues, which is why I'm not going to build an SBR on a postban receiver.  Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello. FYI I will be doing Fake Silencers for the AK and Krinks for a short while only.

Contact my site for details....

www.geocities.com/chris_knipstein

[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:34:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Chris, you beat me to it, I'm glad you posted.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top