Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 7:19:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Got this RGuns barrel for russian kit. Few issues.
1. Twist is not 1 in 6, rather like 1 in 8.
2. It fits loose in the trunion, not a biggy but still an issue
3. The most importantly, the bore is not 5.45. Is is rather 5.56. Can see a bullet test below
4. FSB journal is not within specks, its too short for a pin. Can see comaprison of russian stub and RGungs barrel
So I sent it back for refund, will see how that goes

http://images57.fotki.com/v221/photos/1/1220001/10064678/P9147502-vi.jpg

http://images110.fotki.com/v109/photos/1/1220001/10064678/P9147505-vi.jpg

well fuck...  guess I'll be waiting forever for someone who can actually make a goddamned barrel
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I might be a bit biased because I have used only Bulgy Krink barrels in my builds and REFUSE to spend over $1,300 on a kit, assembly and parts - only to use a US barrel.  

If possible....use some type of new/unissued, chrome-lined, hammer-forged European 5.45 barrel !!

If you can't find an original Krink barrel, have a Bulgarian AK74 or East German barrel turned down.

I don't care if John Moses Browning made the US barrel.  

Seriously, how desirable is a finished Krink that cost $1,500 to build with a US made barrel?
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#3]
so do you know where to find a european 5.45 barrel?
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
so do you know where to find a european 5.45 barrel?

They are out there; however, its supply & demand.   Supply is kinda limited and demand is really high.

Most guys are too cheap to even think about spending $200 bucks on one.

You have to pay to play (and Kinks are one expensive hobby).

$200 is nothing.......You just spent $800 on a "kit" that had no barrel or receiver.

Are they worth it, hell yes!

Receiver and barrel - this is where the action is.  

So, why are folks spending $180 on US barrels???????

Loosen up that wallet, post a WTB, show some cash and they will come out of the woodwork.

Trust me, your finished Krink will be worth the extra money you spend today on a nice imported barrel.

....and you will be alot more proud of the finished product.

oh...and BTW.............all that talk about twist rates is nothing but noob drivel........

a bullet shot out a 1:8 (8 inch) barrel spins as fast as one departing a 1:8 (16 inch) barrel

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]
well this has be a bit worried on my 8in RGuns barrel  where did you get the spec on the barrel? i do know for a fact they are indeed 1/6 twist but has far as for the 5.56 bullet and not the 5.45 is what im wondering about. My method for checking so far was just the "bullet test" place the end of a bullet in to the end of the barrel, yes it not very high tech but at least mine compares the exact same result as my bulg 74's barrel and its a original barrel.... Nether barrel seem to be loose fitting unlike some of the century 74's iv tested the exact same way. so im wondering how you are getting these spec's because you may know some thing i dont
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
well this has be a bit worried on my 8in RGuns barrel  where did you get the spec on the barrel? i do know for a fact they are indeed 1/6 twist but has far as for the 5.56 bullet and not the 5.45 is what im wondering about. My method for checking so far was just the "bullet test" place the end of a bullet in to the end of the barrel, yes it not very high tech but at least mine compares the exact same result as my bulg 74's barrel and its a original barrel.... Nether barrel seem to be loose fitting unlike some of the century 74's iv tested the exact same way. so im wondering how you are getting these spec's because you may know some thing i dont

+1
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
The best way to check on diameter is to use pin gages from MSC. You can get a set of 5 or 6 pins for about $15 to $18. Make up your own kit, from .213" to .218" would be enough. Here's a .213" pin at $2.67

http://metalworking.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRITW?PMPXNO=4381385
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top