Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:32:03 PM EDT
Hi, just picked up a Maadi and is enroute to me. Its an Intrac import with the threaded barrel, anyone know what size front break is so I can order one online now? Im thinking of either a slant or krinvov type. Are these Intrac imports threaded barrel 14mm Left Hand threads?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:44:42 PM EDT
Unless someone has played with the threading, it should be the standard 14 LH threads. I would personally go with the slant brake, but I think the Krink brakes are pretty cool too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:14:20 PM EDT
Thanks, Dar, thats what I was guessing, but wanted to check. The rifle still has the tack welded nit on it, so threads should be ok. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:53:40 PM EDT
I have an Intrac Maadi also and I love the AK74 style brake. I changed from the slant brake to the 74 style and added a buffer and it made it seem a lot less "jumpy"
Then again it could just be a placebo effect since I've changed it.

And ditto on the 14LH reply.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:52:51 AM EDT
how much did you pay for the new ak man
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:05:02 PM EDT
Is there a range report on this? I got a Maadi MISR-10 recently (dremelled to accept double stacks) and it's great, I'm interested in another one. Let us know how yours did if you don't mind.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:01:27 PM EDT
I got a pretty good deal, $285 OTD, 3 magazines came with it. After breaking it down, looks maybe like 100-200 rounds have been thru it. Havent swapped out the furniture yet, but fired it last weekend (to test function) and it ran like a top. I think these Intratec are worth the little under/little over 300 mark (especially when you consider the barrel is already threaded for you)> Overall, Im pleased.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:07:55 PM EDT
IF you decide to turn it loose let me know. I have the one Maadi, but generally like to have at least two of any given gun that I get.
Top Top