Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/16/2006 12:14:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2006 8:49:42 AM EDT by Centuryhouse]
[edited - I found out this is a MISR-10, not ISR-20]

I just bought a Maadi "ISR-20" and can't find a SINGLE REFERENCE ANYWHERE about this model. Does anyone know anything about this? The stampings on the gun are clear, I'm not misreading it... It is NOT an MISR or MISR-90.

This is a Century Arms import - some of them like the MISR-90 were crap, other MISR models were just fine. Here are the things that are stamped on the rifle, excluding the serial#:

ISR-20 Semi-auto
Cal. 7.62 x 39 mm
Maadi Egypt
CAI St Alb VT
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:02:31 PM EDT
Got the rifle out of layaway today. I intially mis-read it, it's an MISR-10 Maadi.

There are two number stamped inside the receiver, anyone know what they indicate? The two numbers are "1966" and "94".
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:53:24 AM EDT
Can you provide a range report when possible?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:46:09 AM EDT
Sure thing - I went to the range last night and it did GREAT.

After my custom dremel job so that it could take double stack mags instead of single stacks (yes I replaced enough parts with US made to be 922 compliant), I wasn't sure what to expect.

I ran 160 rounds of Wolf through it with NO FAILURES of any kind. I fired fairly rapidly (a shot every 1 to 3 seconds) and ran through 5 full 30rnd mags and part of another before I had to call it quits for the night. Acuracy was consistant, but I need to adjust the sights as it shot slightly to the right of target (an inch or so).

Bottom line - I didn't know what to expect but was very pleasantly surprised. It did great and I had no problems of any kind.

9yes I still have the original furniture, but it definately needs a refinish before I'd put it back on)
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:43:39 AM EDT
nice looking ak47 man. enjoy
Top Top