Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/16/2006 12:14:08 PM EDT
[edited - I found out this is a MISR-10, not ISR-20]

I just bought a Maadi "ISR-20" and can't find a SINGLE REFERENCE ANYWHERE about this model. Does anyone know anything about this? The stampings on the gun are clear, I'm not misreading it... It is NOT an MISR or MISR-90.

This is a Century Arms import - some of them like the MISR-90 were crap, other MISR models were just fine. Here are the things that are stamped on the rifle, excluding the serial#:

ISR-20 Semi-auto
Cal. 7.62 x 39 mm
Maadi   Egypt
CAI   St Alb   VT
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Got the rifle out of layaway today. I intially mis-read it, it's an MISR-10 Maadi.

There are two number stamped inside the receiver, anyone know what they indicate? The two numbers are "1966" and "94".
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:53:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you provide a range report when possible?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Sure thing - I went to the range last night and it did GREAT.

After my custom dremel job so that it could take double stack mags instead of single stacks (yes I replaced enough parts with US made to be 922 compliant), I wasn't sure what to expect.

I ran 160 rounds of Wolf through it with NO FAILURES of any kind. I fired fairly rapidly (a shot every 1 to 3 seconds) and ran through 5 full 30rnd mags and part of another before I had to call it quits for the night. Acuracy was consistant, but I need to adjust the sights as it shot slightly to the right of target (an inch or so).

Bottom line - I didn't know what to expect but was very pleasantly surprised. It did great and I had no problems of any kind.

9yes I still have the original furniture, but it definately needs a refinish before I'd put it back on)
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#4]
nice looking ak47 man. enjoy
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top