Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/15/2006 4:32:32 PM EDT
Hi guys. I am very interested in gettin a vepr. I shot one the other day in .223 and was very impressed. I have a couple questions reguarding the different calibers. Is it my understanding that Robinson arms is the only spot to get one? The the guy, whose rifle I shot, stated that he has ordered three vepr,s from them and had to wait a long while to get only one. He was very dissatisfied with teir customer service.
1) What is the availabity of the .223 mags like? Do they accept ak74 mags?
2) If I were to order one in 7.62x39 would it take longer to get. I would love to have a gun that accepts ak47 mags. However, recent jump in price of ammo has made me a bit skeptical. I own a sks and am not happy about this price hike as it is one of my favorites to shoot.

Thanks for the info im advance.
Josh
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I am also looking at buying a VEPR and have seen them in one of my local shops (in .223 and .308).  I believe you can also order them directly from RobArms too.  My local shop had atleast a half dozen 30 round mags for the .223 VEPR for about $25 each.  It seems that VEPR's are hard to come by and those that have them to sell are taking advantage of that fact and are selling them for around $700.  The 7.62x39 VEPR's are currently out of stock and I haven't been able to get a response from RobArms about when they expect to get more (RA doesn't have the best reputation for customer service on these types of inquiries).  The Atlantic Firearms website says that they don't expect to have any available until April or May.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes RA sucks.....Gonna be a while before any more VEPRs get here. but its worth the wait......GREAT guns. Too bad that they have a crappy importer.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hi guys. I am very interested in gettin a vepr. I shot one the other day in .223 and was very impressed. I have a couple questions reguarding the different calibers. Is it my understanding that Robinson arms is the only spot to get one? YuppersThe the guy, whose rifle I shot, stated that he has ordered three vepr,s from them and had to wait a long while to get only one. He was very dissatisfied with teir customer service.Sounds about par for the course
1) What is the availabity of the .223 mags like?could be better, nothing like 762 mags Do they accept ak74 mags? With modified followers, and then its hit and miss
2) If I were to order one in 7.62x39 would it take longer to get. Who knows, might be a crapshotI would love to have a gun that accepts ak47 mags. However, recent jump in price of ammo has made me a bit skeptical.That makes 2 of us I own a sks and am not happy about this price hike as it is one of my favorites to shoot.

Josh

Best I can do, take care.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:51:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hi guys. I am very interested in gettin a vepr. I shot one the other day in .223 and was very impressed. I have a couple questions reguarding the different calibers. Is it my understanding that Robinson arms is the only spot to get one? The the guy, whose rifle I shot, stated that he has ordered three vepr,s from them and had to wait a long while to get only one. He was very dissatisfied with teir customer service.
1) What is the availabity of the .223 mags like? A little harder to get but you can find them or order the Robinson converted mags.  
Do they accept ak74 mags? Yes, after you convert them and you can use a Robinson mag to copy because they are converted mags and they work great in my .223 Vepr. You get the followers from Robinson.
2) If I were to order one in 7.62x39 would it take longer to get. YES
I would love to have a gun that accepts ak47 mags. However, recent jump in price of ammo has made me a bit skeptical. I own a sks and am not happy about this price hike as it is one of my favorites to shoot.

Josh

I got a few Chuckles when I got my .223 however the reason I got it is the ammo issue I knew would happen sooner or later. I have plenty of mags and ammo is easy to get. I have the 20" in a 7.62x39 also and I love it too but ammo is about the same price as .308 right now. I am still glad I got it but I am glad my secong Vepr is a .223.

P.S. - Robinson customer service and PR stinks in my opinion but the Veprs are worth getting.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top