Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/9/2006 5:36:40 PM EDT
Perhaps I'm missing the point and I don't see a thread explaining the need to move the triger forwrd?  My saiga accepts the hi-cap mags with out any trouble, so why modify?  The only mod I was thinking of doing was adding one of the adapters for the M-4 stock, the factory stock on the Saiga is a polymer and feels about 3 inches too short for me.  

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Well for starters if you put an M4 stock on your rife what will you hold on to? Ace makes an adapter for unconverted saigas but it looks stupid and that is coming from a guy that never says that. I prefer the pistol grip and Galil stock so that is why I converted mine. If you like the regular buttstock then there is no need to convert it realy. Shoot it and enjoy it. I have debated buying a Saiga .308 and leaving the buttstock on it my self.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Perhaps I'm missing the point and I don't see a thread explaining the need to move the triger forwrd?  My saiga accepts the hi-cap mags with out any trouble, so why modify?  The only mod I was thinking of doing was adding one of the adapters for the M-4 stock, the factory stock on the Saiga is a polymer and feels about 3 inches too short for me.  

Thanks for any help.

IMHO the Saiga trigger sucks, but that is just me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#4]

If you want a pistol grip on the rifle you must do a US parts conversion to stay legal. If you do a US conversion, converting it to a standard AK profile is the easiest and most straightforward way to do it.

You can convert it to take high cap mags without a US parts conversion, but you may not add any of the following
pistol grip
threaded barrel/flash hider
bipod
grenade launcher

If any of those find their way onto a saiga without the correct number of OS parts, regardless if it takes high cap mags or not, the rifle is a waling felony

I bought (mail ordered) the Saiga new in the box from Gunsnstuff a few years ago.  It came with the welded AK-74 muzzle brake, pistol grip and accepts the 30 round mags.  So it must have been  US part converted before I bought it?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#5]
yep.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have debated buying a Saiga .308 and leaving the buttstock on it my self.

I have a Saiga .308, but the buttstock it comes with really sucks. In terms of quality, that is. It feels like it will shatter in a million pieces if you bump it against something. Do you know if they sell higher quality buttstocks that would fit the .308? I don't want a pistol grip, just a better stock.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Not too many choices for a replacement stock.  The wood ones that come on 308s feel pretty good to me, but I have not seen any place that sells them.  

You could always fill up the stock with expanding foam insulation.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have debated buying a Saiga .308 and leaving the buttstock on it my self.

I have a Saiga .308, but the buttstock it comes with really sucks. In terms of quality, that is. It feels like it will shatter in a million pieces if you bump it against something. Do you know if they sell higher quality buttstocks that would fit the .308? I don't want a pistol grip, just a better stock.

Ace makes a reciever block that will fit an unmodified saiga but it is ugly and takes a pistol grip. If I get the .308 I will get an ACE set up but will convert it so it does not look stretched.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top