Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/4/2006 3:10:02 AM EDT
Last time I talked to somebody at Rob Arms (I believe it was Logan) i was told that they were working on a 20rd mag from the manufactuer.
I'd check with RobArms first before doing a conversion.Who knows maybe they finally got something new going.
43E1P
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:04:24 AM EDT
[#1]
No they dont have any yet. and even when they do get them you will have to send the guns back to them to have them modified to accept the 20s. then they wont accept the 5s and 10s anymore. Due to the fact that they can not import any rifles that accept high cap mags. If they just had the russians make longer mags it would make the guns illegal to import. That along with the galil mags being half the price of the vepr mags is why we came up with the idea of the conversion.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#2]
The more I think about it the more I think I can live with 10rders in .308 but would prefer 20rdrs. Still have not decided what I am going to do though. Robinson told me on the phone that if it was done properly and quality mags were used m-14 mags could be used but O guess they are to finiky.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:09:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Krebs said that the m-14 mag conversion had been done but wasnt real reliable due to the variations in m-14 mags. From what I gathered. They would do the conversion with the mag that was sent to them and then other mags wouldnt work in them. So thats why they stopped doing that conversion.
Atleast thats what Smallerstick told me
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Robinson needs to stop worrying about the 20 round mag "problem" and find a way to fix the real "too expensive to buy" 10 round mag problem.  I would gladly forgo 20's if I could get 10 round mags for under $20.

Heck, how about just getting some mags period?

+32168546351448565384354156 On that one brother.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Atleast thats what Smallerstick told me

Why is it that people who are "vertically challenged" always feel the need to lash out at everyone else?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Robinson needs to stop worrying about the 20 round mag "problem" and find a way to fix the real "too expensive to buy" 10 round mag problem.  I would gladly forgo 20's if I could get 10 round mags for under $20.

Heck, how about just getting some mags period?

Well I certainly have to agree with you on that one. Ten round mags for under $20 would be sweet. After all they are injected plastic for crying out loud.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'd check with RobArms first before doing a conversion.Who knows maybe they finally got something new going.
43E1P

And they have a folding stock for the Vepr coming, and the XCR is coming, and more Veprs are coming since they are out.

I have no confidence in them developing the high cap conversions, at all. And I am one of their bigger dealers, who would LOVE to see them do it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:55:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
43E1P

And they have a folding stock for the Vepr coming, and the XCR is coming, and more Veprs are coming since they are out.

I have no confidence in them developing the high cap conversions, at all. And I am one of their bigger dealers, who would LOVE to see them do it.

It is such a shame that Rob. Arm. has such a great gun and apparently no real interest in it. There is so much wasted potential there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#10]
My Vepr is the .308 wood thumbhole stock type 1 and I use it for hunting.
If I had a later black type II model I think lack of hicaps would bug me more.
I gave up on the 20 round mags along time ago.
Cheaper 10 rndrs would be nice....
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top