Posted: 12/13/2005 3:06:40 AM EDT
forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=8288
drum mag for saiga 12, quad rail HG , jeez lousie

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:12:59 AM EDT
Its a Saiga S.I.R.!

I guess if your hard-core Saiga, or hard core "Tactical-Type" it will be a hit

I prefer old school traditional look when it comes to the AK design
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:34:41 AM EDT
Thanks Joe. Looks pretty good for a rail system. Seems more practical to me than a rifle rail system. With a shotgun your uses will be short range CQB, so the added weight of lots of gadgets shouldn't be a problem. I think "less than $300" seems a bit steep.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:57:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By redfisher:
Its a Saiga S.I.R.!

I guess if your hard-core Saiga, or hard core "Tactical-Type" it will be a hit

I prefer old school traditional look when it comes to the AK design

I'm not that big a fan of tactifying AK's either, but how in teh heck do you get a dfecent light on without barrel mounting?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:12:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:
I'm not that big a fan of tactifying AK's either, but how in teh heck do you get a dfecent light on without barrel mounting?

Why not barrel mount?

OR, just attach a short section of pic rail to the bottom of the standard handguard, using a couple bolts and some JB Weld.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:14:58 AM EDT
std hg's don't leave enough room for a light and your hadn on any part of rail, has to be mounted near gas block...... barrel mount worked for me before but does get rather hot when using quality all aluminium lights....
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:32:10 AM EDT
like so (pputs my thumb RIGHT by clicker cap but 2% of the time interferes with sling... the best solution I've found thus far (surefire barrel mount at the 11 o clock position, surefire ring, LDI 9v light with clicker cap):

you can kinda see it here...

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:10:49 AM EDT

like so (pputs my thumb RIGHT by clicker cap but 2% of the time interferes with sling... the best solution I've found thus far (surefire barrel mount at the 11 o clock position, surefire ring, LDI 9v light with clicker cap):
tinypic.com/ilbqu0.jpg

tinypic.com/ilbs69.jpg
tinypic.com/ilbsdu.jpg

Damn, Joe, nice bed furnishings!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:14:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BiggerStick47:

tinypic.com/ilbqu0.jpg

tinypic.com/ilbs69.jpg
tinypic.com/ilbsdu.jpg

yeah that was one of my three safes' contents during the summer. collection has since been downgraded in quanitity but siginificantly upgraded in quality.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:19:05 AM EDT
Oh shit!!! Now I have to get a fucking Siaga shotty there is no more reason not to.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:20:26 AM EDT

tinypic.com/ilbqu0.jpg

tinypic.com/ilbs69.jpg
tinypic.com/ilbsdu.jpg

yeah that was one of my three safes' contents during the summer. collection has since been downgraded in quanitity but siginificantly upgraded in quality.

Post some updated pics of your collection! BTW, did you finish you Saiga project?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:13:38 AM EDT

tinypic.com/ilbqu0.jpg

tinypic.com/ilbs69.jpg
tinypic.com/ilbsdu.jpg

Post some updated pics of your collection! BTW, did you finish you Saiga project?

It's about to start. Collection pics won't be complete cause my HK94 hasn't come yet .
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:59:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2005 6:54:55 PM EDT by BiggerStick47]

It's about to start. Collection pics won't be complete cause my HK94 hasn't come yet .

Joe, I don't know if I like you or hate you!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:26:05 AM EDT
Im not a tactical AK fan but I like the ghostring though.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:28:48 AM EDT

Joe, I don't know if I like you or hate you!

prolly hate me.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:30:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

that's probably the one area of the AK that I would criticize from teh get go to now. why they didn't just pop a ghost ring on? I actually am reading a cold-war era 700 page book The AK47 Story, real intellectual and engineerging book about what went into russian small arms. HAsn't mentioned it yet....

I want to change all of mine, but dunno how.....
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:06:22 PM EDT

that's probably the one area of the AK that I would criticize from teh get go to now. why they didn't just pop a ghost ring on? I actually am reading a cold-war era 700 page book The AK47 Story, real intellectual and engineerging book about what went into russian small arms. HAsn't mentioned it yet....

Joe, I responded in the general disc. thread you posted about peep sights, but didn't address the way to remove the sight. There is a leaf spring under the existing rear sights. It's a bitch, but first fold the rear sight up. Next, push (very hard) on the leaf spring (I used a flat head screwdriver) under the sight. When you have this depressed far enough the rear sight can be push down and back. It will then pop out. Installing the new one is much easier.

Here's a pic of mine, sorry about the quality, but maybe it gives you an idea of how different it is from the standard sight.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:10:38 PM EDT

Joe, I responded in the general disc. thread you posted about peep sights, but didn't address the way to remove the sight. There is a leaf spring under the existing rear sights. It's a bitch, but first fold the rear sight up. Next, push (very hard) on the leaf spring (I used a flat head screwdriver) under the sight. When you have this depressed far enough the rear sight can be push down and back. It will then pop out. Installing the new one is much easier.

Here's a pic of mine, sorry about the quality, but maybe it gives you an idea of how different it is from the standard sight.

tinypic.com/imlyja.jpg

sounds pretty easy. lets see if I can invent new swear words!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:27:49 AM EDT
I do not like most rail systems period even on ARs but I like this and if it comes out and is not the cost of two more rifles I will probably get one. Very nice in my opinion but I prefer AK muts especialy the stocks.
Page AK-47 » Russian
Top Top