Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Russian
Posted: 12/2/2005 7:46:23 AM EDT
does anyone make any? I know ace has a lot of stuff but nothing for the vepr and im not really into cuting tangs and drem work.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 12:03:04 PM EDT
Ask these guys: Para Bellum, Inc.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:36:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BiggerStick47:

Looks like overpriced Ace stocks to me. Nothing special.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:47:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By drobs:

How do they seem over-priced when there is no price? I don't even think they do stock installations or sell them. I just suggested he ask them because they know HOW to do it. Maybe you know another option, or were you just trolling?
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:01:12 PM EDT

How do they seem over-priced when there is no price? I don't even think they do stock installations or sell them. I just suggested he ask them because they know HOW to do it. Maybe you know another option, or were you just trolling?

The man asked for a Vepr folder, you point him to a paint shop, and you say I'm trolling? ? ?
Piss off.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 10:52:42 PM EDT
Mysteriously, I found this on the Parabellum Website

I dunno maybe he knew that they had built this rifle and they could tell Aresenal how they did it!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 1:18:08 AM EDT

My ACE was worth every penny to me. I do not like the flimsy Tapco stuff and I do not like the wire folders.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 1:23:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 762bodydropper:
Mysteriously, I found this on the Parabellum Website
tinypic.com/ic7jp5.jpg
I dunno maybe he knew that they had built this rifle and they could tell Aresenal how they did it!

Thats interesting. They put a Saiga forearm grip on that Vepr. At first I thought it might me a Saiga until I saw the reciever. I like that gas block sight also. That is a rifle that every AK SNOB could be proud off. I know I am.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:14:19 AM EDT

The man asked for a Vepr folder, you point him to a paint shop, and you say I'm trolling? ? ?
Piss off.

drobs, as usual you are just an idiot. I pointed the man to another member's website so he could ask someone that can actually help him with his questions, unlike you that just wants to be an ass all the time. So you piss off moron.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 12:06:53 PM EDT
Get Along, Dammit . There is a guy named Skully at Tactical Excellence who has a VEPR stock adapter but you need to cut the tang off. Then you can use Ace stocks. Paint the adapter to match the rec. and it should look OK. Ace stuff is good. No complaints from me. Here's a link:

www.tacticalexcellence.com/

Look in the gallery. If it looks OK contact 'em.

Link Posted: 12/8/2005 12:39:27 PM EDT

Piss off.

drobs, as usual you are just an idiot. I pointed the man to another member's website so he could ask someone that can actually help him with his questions, unlike you that just wants to be an ass all the time. So you piss off moron.

FU2
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 1:30:39 PM EDT

Piss off.

FU2

Wow, great response. How long did it take you to come up with that one?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:35:28 PM EDT
hey it looks like the forum guy on the robarm/vepr forum blew a gasket, he gave a little more info on the folder too:

Category: Category 1
Date: 07 Dec 2005
Time: 06:43:03 -0700
Remote Name: c-67-186-221-232.hsd1.ut.comcast.net

Comments
This is the last and only string about the folding stocks so read it and get it because we will answer all questions in this thread and delete all other threads with reference to folding stocks.

You may reply to this thread but we want just one thread on the folding stock issue. If anyone adds another, it will be deleted. We're going to go to the beginning so at least you'll understand our philosophy.

First of all, nothing gets shipped unless the boss likes it. We had several designs which designed and built before we took any money. As they were built, the boss didn't like any of them and made the engineers keep going. Here are some of the issues which came up which the boss felt were not answered by our design or any design on the market. (You must understand that the boss is very picky and will not ship anything he wouldn't want on his own rifle.) He'd rather have people upset from waiting and waiting rather than deliver an inferior product. In the meantime, he's allowed posts on this site from other vendors of folding stocks and has had his staff working on a stock which solves the following issues:

1) How does one restrain the stock so that it does not flop around without a mechanism which requires gymnastics to fold or unfold?

2) Which way to swing the stock, left,right, or under? If it's left (like the Russian folders), optics which attach to the scope rail interfere with the folding mechanism. Also, were to put the sling attachment? If the stock swings right, the stock interferes with the controls, but allows the use of the side mounting of optics.

3) How does one mount the stock so that it looks good without removing the tang at the back of the receiver?

We promised in many threads in this forum that as soon as we were done with the XCR, we'd go back and get this stock stuff sorted out. The reason we waited on teh XCR is because it too has a folding stock and the solution some of these issues were solved in the design of the folding stock for the XCR. This is why we are tired of the impatient, simple minded posts to this site about the folding stock. The fact is there is NO good design for a folding stock out in the market place. Our desire is to deliver a superior product or none at all.

So, as promised, the engineers have finished the XCR and are just making the last two or three parts for the XCR, and have also finisheda folding stock which answers the stock issues as follows:

1) We came up with a proprietary friction hinge mechanism which adjusts for tension and slop. This allows the stock to stay in folded, but allows the operator to get to the controls without tugging on the stock or going through any gymnastics.

2) With the friction hinge described above, the stock can swing to the right so that all optics can be used and the sling can attached to the left side without interference from the stock. All the controls are accessible because the stock can be moved out of the way in an instant with a flick of the hand.

3) We've come up with a neat looking stock which does not require one to cut off the rear tang of the receiver. It uses a simple button to release the stock to fold so there's no gymnastics required to lock or unlock and fold the stock.

In other words, it is finally perfect in the words of the boss and the drawings will be going out for manufacture to the same firm who is making the XCR stock parts.

We've always offered refunds to anyone who has paid for or left a deposit. We do it right or do not do it at all. The stock will be done when it is done and when it is right. If you cannot wait, by all means, get one from another source. We understand. We didn't want to get one out there and then turn around and get a better one going a few months later. If you cannot understand that, we cannot help you.

Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:28:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mrmoshzilla:
hey it looks like the forum guy on the robarm/vepr forum blew a gasket, he gave a little more info on the folder too:

If you cannot understand that, we cannot help you.

I have to admit I can't blame them. There is a new post about that damn folder over there every few days. Thanks for the head-up mr.m!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:12:36 AM EDT

I have to admit I can't blame them. There is a new post about that damn folder over there every few days. Thanks for the head-up mr.m!

np. i know it must get tiresome for them but that's still no excuse. i scolded em a little.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:57:37 AM EDT

np. i know it must get tiresome for them but that's still no excuse. i scolded em a little.

Well, re-reading the posts over there, I realized there are two problems. One is that their are alot of stupid comments made about the folders all the time. The other problem is that when someone comes in and asks a legitimate question, RA either ignores them or just refers back to a previous thread. I read your response and must say I agree with you completely.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:10:04 AM EDT

That's because some of us have been waiting for the folder for OVER A YEAR.

I don't really care that it's not finished yet. What bothers me is that they've been saying it will be released "any time now" FOR A FUCKING YEAR.

Their story now is the same as it was last December. "well, we didn't like the design, and some of the parts our subcontractors made didn't meet our expectations".

I can't count the number of times I have heard this bullshit response.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:54:29 AM EDT
I see where everyone is coming from about the wait mostly if you paid for one already. But To me It makes more sense to wait for a year for a quality part than buy some crap that was turned out in a swaetshop. Granted they should not keep up this "2 weeks" "Anytime now" "Vendor screwed us" Then should have just said. We'll let you know when its done.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 9:35:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sigurd:

That's because some of us have been waiting for the folder for OVER A YEAR.

I don't really care that it's not finished yet. What bothers me is that they've been saying it will be released "any time now" FOR A FUCKING YEAR.

Their story now is the same as it was last December. "well, we didn't like the design, and some of the parts our subcontractors made didn't meet our expectations".

I can't count the number of times I have heard this bullshit response.

I agree, after re-reading all the threads over there, RA needs to be reminded what customer service means. They have a great gun, and a shitty attitude.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 12:29:35 PM EDT
not too crazy about cutting the tang but if it must be done owell. I am very suprised that it is this hard to track down a folder after a year of sunset. I dont care about the cost i just need a folder. I contacted TE and he said the end of december, im thinking about just having a machineist i know make a conversion blockfor the end of the receiver.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:32:27 PM EDT
I got sick of hearing Robarms tell me a folder was almost ready. I went with the ACE and I have no regrets!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:26:43 PM EDT
I can not believe no one is making reciever blocks for these things. The ACE one will work but how hard is it with a machine shop. I can not buy that they just have not came up with the perfect set up yet. I remember a lot of people not realy warming up to the $200 price tag when you can buy stuff from ACE for about $150 for the whole set up. I used one of their reciever blocks on my .223 Vepr and a CAR stock then an A2 stock but decided I liked the plastic but stock it came with better. I have other stuff with folders and do not realy want a folder on every thing. Most folders are uncomfortable to me any way.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 12:56:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GenghisKhan:
I can not believe no one is making reciever blocks for these things. The ACE one will work but how hard is it with a machine shop. I can not buy that they just have not came up with the perfect set up yet. I remember a lot of people not realy warming up to the $200 price tag when you can buy stuff from ACE for about $150 for the whole set up. I used one of their reciever blocks on my .223 Vepr and a CAR stock then an A2 stock but decided I liked the plastic but stock it came with better. I have other stuff with folders and do not realy want a folder on every thing. Most folders are uncomfortable to me any way.

+1, I think the VEPR is a great gun in the hands of a bad distributor. They are so busy with the XCR that they are ignoring the biggest seller they have. Too bad the VEPRs aren't being imported/distributed by a more VEPR dedicated company.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:38:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GenghisKhan:

+1, I think the VEPR is a great gun in the hands of a bad distributor. They are so busy with the XCR that they are ignoring the biggest seller they have. Too bad the VEPRs aren't being imported/distributed by a more VEPR dedicated company.

Just think of the possibilities it would have. What krebs alone did with them was out standing. How hard is it to thread a barrel get a 24" barrel on them for real RPK leangth? It is like they sell it but hate to because it is more of a seller than their own rifle but they could not pay the bills without it type of thing. They could sell more of them than they do I think.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:24:05 PM EDT
I have been looking for other options for folders due to the long wait from Robarm,
but I was pleased to hear that it would leave the tang intact. This way I can always change back to the original stock whenever I want. SOunds like it will be worth the wait!
-JD
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:32:40 AM EDT

Too bad the VEPRs aren't being imported/distributed by a more VEPR dedicated company.

I agree

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:24:57 PM EDT
I have a Krebs KTRO3V 223 which started life as a Veper II in 223 and I sent it off to Mark and had it converted over. I think ACE is the company, we should be looking to in the building of this folder. Ace is the best quality folding stock maker around, but ACE is not a big company, so ACE needs a seller to make it worth the R&D. Robarms is a much bigger company but it also is not a major company like bushmaster or Colt. I think the XCR has gotten Rob arms in debt and they need to make it work so the other products are on the back burner for now. I was disappointed in the M96 on one level, I have an older one and it needs upgrade's like the op/piston was built with roll pins and they break and fall out. My trigger mec is older design and has a broken ie cracked part but it still works. I'll get around to getting it fixed sooner or later maybe at the shot show this year. I'll have it looked at by em. I don't like the answer's we as consumers get from the industry like any day now it will be ready, that's BS and everyone knows it. The problem is they have to tread a thin line with us, it takes years to get a customer and a moment to loose one... 762
Page AK-47 » Russian
Top Top