Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2003 8:58:09 PM EDT

Russian solders patrol the territory near a polling station in the village of Bochayurt in Chechnya (news - web sites). The Kremlin's candidate Akhmad Kadyrov won a landslide victory in Chechnya's presidential election but few voters believed he would bring a rapid end to the fighting that has devastated their republic.(AFP/File/Yuri Kadobnov)
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of 7.62 AK's in use.

A Russian solder on patrol outside a polling station in the village of Kurchaloi. Chechnya electoral commission said turnout for the October 5 presidential election was 83.46 percent.(AFP/Yuri Kadobnov)
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Russian soldiers patrol a street in Grozny.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]

A serviceman fires as bystanders protect their ears in Grozny during the celebration of Akhmat Kadyrov's victory in the Chechen presidential elections, October 13, 2003. Kadyrov brushed off U.S. criticism of his elections, saying the United States had itself seen unfair elections in California. REUTERS/Adlan Khasanov
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool pics!  Now get us a closeup of the rifle being used in your avatar!

Link Posted: 10/31/2003 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#6]
It's similar to this:

I have a bunch of SVD pics on my web site.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I noticed that few of the AKs, except the 74, actually have muzzle brakes on them.  Why is that?  I saw a pic of a Serbian policeman holding an AK and it too had no muzzle (slant) brake.  I believe AKMs have them, right?  Is that the norm?  Do few rifles have brakes?  Are all of the AK-74s made with brakes and some of the 47s not?  Or do some of the 74s not have brakes either?

Thanks - Shon
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#8]
From what I understand, the 7.62x39 AKM's only have the slant brake for the most part.  Muzzle brakes didn't become a normal part of the rifle until the AK-74.

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top