Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Russian
Posted: 10/22/2003 6:41:41 PM EDT
Looks like a cross between the Sako M-90 series and the Galil. I was wondering if anyone here owns one and what they like/dislike about the rifle. This rifle features a thumb operable safty kind of like the Galil. How is this?

Too bad they dont make one in a stamped AK reciever to reduce weight.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:27:38 PM EDT
It is a stamped receiver... its the RPK barrel that makes the Vepr rifle so heavy...
But, with a rifle, weight is all relative...at least its not an M60 or M249...

Y-
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:50:05 AM EDT
I have one and love it. My only complaint is the top rail is one length to short in my opinion. Built like a tank!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:23:40 PM EDT
COOL! I`m patiently waiting for mine to arrive from Robinson Armament.[:\]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:00:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2003 2:05:29 PM EDT by smoken44]
I've had mine for a few months. Flawless operation for 700+ rounds. (no suprise) Balance point with an empty bulgy mag is right in front of mag well so it dosnt feel muzzle heavy. Averages 2" (5 shots) at 100yds with silverbear hp's. I think 1 moa is possible with quality bullets. (handloads)

Ak74 brake with a heavy barrel. Keeps muzzle down for smooth fast double taps.

Silky smooth action / trigger.

Better than average accuracy.

Solid feeling handgard allows bipod / rails to be mounted.

Egronomic thumb safty.

Ar15 sights.

Dislikes:

Front handgard takedown screw has fine threads which are easily damaged. I drilled out bushing to .187 and replaced screw with a hardened 1.5 dowl pin. Works / looks much better.

Kobra / PSO side mount scopes will not clear sights on cover. (no suprise again) I ordered a replacement Vepr 7.62 cover from RA. Problem solved. Dremeled a little off front hump and painted flat black for a perfect match.

Cant wait to work up a load for it. I should be able to give a 5.45 / 5.56 a run for its money.

Page AK-47 » Russian
Top Top