Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/18/2003 7:26:52 AM EDT
On the high cap conversion it looks like I need to either cut down the mag release or the nub on the receiver. also need to install a feed ramp correct? are there issues with replacing  parts with US parts to legally install the hi-caps?
We don't intend to pistol grip the rifle at this time. (it is the Wifes)
(all the info I found in the forum was for the pistol grip and mag conversion.)
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You will need to install a feed ramp (bullet guide from Kvar) and file down the top of the latch to fit the wider mag tang.

You still need US parts to legally convert to hicap mags, but you only need 4 parts instead of 5 because you aren't using a pistol grip.  I dunno which parts you are going to use if you're not doing the pg conversion.

a standard hammer will work
piston
?
?

somebody else did a regular stock conversion, but I don't remember which parts were used
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 3:14:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I suspected as much. Hmm She likes the current stock on the thing, So I will have to do some home
work and check back in. Maybe floorplate on the mags, and I am sure I can fab a few other parts if need be. I will check the list.
I know the trigger is different, but is the disconnector?  Well no rush but it looks like a good winter project. (and maybe a .308 and .223
conversion for me?...)
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks campy, I have a quick question about the 922 regs with this rifle, Is it becuase it would loose the "Sporting exemption" with the hi-caps?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
rats!  I always forget the followers and floorplates!

there's your four parts:
hammer
piston
follower
floorplate

The disconnector is a bit different.  IIRC the pin hole has been hogged out to allow for a sleeve that holds all the trigger parts together even without the pin.  I suppose you could use a US one and modify it to fit, but I'd just use a piston instead.

BTW, I hear that the Saigas use a '74 (not a '47) piston, even on the 7.62x39 models, but I can't be sure of that.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top