Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2003 7:23:54 PM EDT

Are they shipping the Saiga 7.62 x 39 rifles with .308 or .311 bore diameter.

Have ordered one.....and was wondering to order components etc. for loading.

thanks

paul
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#1]
tell me how to check mine and I'll tell you!
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Push a soft lead slug thru the barrel and mic it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I checked the EAA web page but it didn't list it and I sent them a e mail, but their answer was all the information they have is listed on their page....thusly.....I still don't know.

I just thought someone might have already slugged their barrel.

thanks

Paul Prochko
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
MRW

I slightly larger than .311 soft lead ball, or cerosafe if you have it.....(which is a plug the bore a bit forward of the chamber and into the lands and grooves, heat up cerosafe and pour into the chamber, let set up...tap out plug and cerosafe casting from muzzle end with a 30 cal. one piece cleaning rod.  I would degrease the chamber and throat area (non-clorinated brake cleaner spray) before pouring cerrosafe.  This method also gives you a cast of your chamber, throat and the near chamber land and groove casting.....

The lead ball method.....you can start the ball or bullet in the chamber throat and drive it down a ways down, then tap it back out from the muzzle end with the one piece 30 cal. cleaning rod........then mike it.  

Paul
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Too much work for me.  I thought it would be simpler.

Get ahold of Chris Butler at AKUSA www.ak-103.com

he converts alot of Saigas and he might know

sorry!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Mr. W

I got ahold of Chris......he wasn't sure but either except that he usually makes his bore guide rods .308....for a tight fit.

Paul
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top