Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2003 4:39:48 AM EDT
Is this a real good AK ,and is $549.00 a good price ? guys please let me know I'm new to the ak thing !!!
thanks...
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:16:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Very fair low end price for one, very limited supply also. One of the best AKs make. Either pleasantly over built or heavy depending on your opinion.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#2]
 I thought AK's were generally disgusting pieces of  very reliable junk until I shot a VEPR...now I want one.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
 I thought AK's were generally disgusting pieces of  very reliable junk until I shot a VEPR...now I want one.

I thought the same thing, now I own a VEPR .308!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the VEPR II in .223.  It is an awesome rifle.  You won't be sorry.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#5]
 Just shot my second VEPR the other day....DAMN...gotta have one.  Gonna get the KETR...or whatever the heck it's called.  It's pants crappin' sweet.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Speaking of VEPR'S....I got one of the SUPER VEPR'S in .308, and I am really happy with it..

Super accurate... The good loads will chew out inside a inch (200 yds) and some run inside half inch  (at 100 yds)....and it feeds anything you can imagine.  I have tried reduced loads with IMR 4759 and all sorts of loads and it shoots them all.

I had a SR-25 Stoner for years and finally sold it, but wish I had the SUPER VEPR instead back then....I like it better all the way around....the Stoner was sensitive in what ammo it liked and you had to watch pressures, but the SUPER VEPR likes everything.

What a wonderfully engineered weapon.

Paul

I am going deer hunting with it.

Paul
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Robert

The Super VEPR comes with a completely different scope mount.

It is a three point mount with a forward cam lock in front and two side guides.  It's a solid mounting system which centers over the receiver and is not to high, and utilizes a weaver rail type of platform.  There is no movement of the mount however it is easily removed.  Given the design, I don't expect any problems with it and have had none.

regards

Paul
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top