Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 9:09:40 PM EDT
I'm looking at a Saiga 308, just want a shooter and the price($300 out the door) seems O.K. I kinda like the handguard and I could probably get used to the trigger, but damn, that is one ugly buttstock. Feels like holding a wiffle ball bat, sounds hollow as one too.

My question is this, is the pistol grip conversion the same on the 308 as the one in the excellent post here about the 7.62 model. If all I have to do is remove the trigger guard, feed front lip under mag catch and screw back down. Cut new hole for grip nut, attach U.S. pistol grip (thinking maybe an ACE FAL model) and a k-var buttstock. Then install new FCG. If that's it, I will definately do it. I am not really concerned with hi-cap mag conversion, so if anybody knows if I am missing something or if there are any problems you might know about please let me know. Also, what type FCG am I going to need if I do this pistol grip conversion?

I appreciate any replies, thanks
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, it is just that easy. I got one from CDNN $229 plus. K-var stock...the guy on the phone will hook you right up. The color even is a match. The only problem is the FCG. Nobody warned me that a normal AK hammer will not work in the Saiga. I am waiting for my Red Star hammer and trigger group to arrive. Ken Roberts just got the hammers ready to ship. I got the adjustable trigger too. He says it will all fit.
The only problem is the hammer. Now if Tantal would get me that Kobra I would have me a real nice deer rifle...best bang for the buck there is.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top