Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2017 5:58:21 PM EDT
From fudd to stud.

Vepr 23" .223
Rhineland Arms Vepr Paduak wood stock set
Carolina Shooters Supply modified Tapco G2
Dragunov like flash hider
POSP 4x24T (Thanks Z!)

Awesome weapon. Glad i got it in .223, its easy to shoot, and I don't have to stock up on another caliber. It really is a hoot to shoot. For those wondering about the Rhineland Arms stock set, its not as secure as the factory wood. It looks great though and has brass inserts for the screws on mine. I found the extra length of pull and raised cheek weld better for the POSP. What do you guys think?

In b4 "its not a real dragunov"
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Haha so that's where the POSP went. Hope it's treating you right and doing a good job for you :)

Nice score on the Vepr. You have a well thought out configuration there, nicely done indeed. I've always been impressed with how many configurations work for the Vepr and yours is a pretty darn pimp I must say

Sweet!
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, while I'm thinking about your Vepr seeming to lean toward a DMR type setup...have you thought about the ALG AKT-UL trigger? It blows the G2 away and would probably be perfect for your Vepr.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:13:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Very impressive!  Should be a hoot. 
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

I did something similar to you.
I used 20.5  inch barrel and in7.62x54r
I used black horse arsenal stock because it is adjustable.

If I had to do it over again. I would do it in 308. Just because the ammo and supplies are easy to get.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Still not the same, but very nice rife.

I love .308 AKs, and have a couple myself.

Not a Vepr though, just saigas

Get some csspec mags!
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, while I'm thinking about your Vepr seeming to lean toward a DMR type setup...have you thought about the ALG AKT-UL trigger? It blows the G2 away and would probably be perfect for your Vepr.
View Quote
I certainly thought about it, and I'll probably buy one. I got the tapco because it was already modified. I still like the tapco over the stock unit.

POSP is working great, holding zero, and adjusting nicely.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/272434/IMG_20161208_152455822-picsay__1_-301461.JPG
If I had to do it over again. I would do it in 308. Just because the ammo and supplies are easy to get.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/272434/IMG_20161208_152455822-picsay__1_-301461.JPG
Nice! I like the upper handguard, I would have liked for the Rhineland Arms set to have a more "correct" two piece handguard and cover the top of the gas tube.

Quoted:
Still not the same, but very nice rife.
I love .308 AKs, and have a couple myself.
Not a Vepr though, just saigas
Get some csspec mags!
Its a .223 and CSS doesn't have mags for them unfortunately, iirc. My other option is a bullet guide and circle 10 .223 mags, and i think the magwell would have to modified. I suppose it would be more of a tabuk that way.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top