Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/3/2016 11:48:24 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has knocked out the front sight pines and removed the entire front sight. Then tried to pin on a AK-74 front sight. I am trying to end up with a threaded Saiga without sending it to someone to do. I hear some people have cut off the shroud and they have been threaded also.  

Any input or advice would be great.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Cut the shroud an see.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I was lucky my front sight was held on by two pines. I knocked them out and took the entire front sight off. Now for the bad news. It was not threaded. So know the hunt will begin for an AK-74
front sight base. If anyone knows of a good place to look let me know.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Apex has them for $77 but they use pins and not pines.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cut the shroud an see.
View Quote

Is there a recommended procedure for this, or just get the dremel and get to it?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is there a recommended procedure for this, or just get the dremel and get to it?
View Quote

I would like to know that myself. THANKS for any help.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

A lathe would be preferred, but a small pipe cutter would be better than a Dremel, IMHO. Far more controllable, less likely to mess up an original barrel.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
It's not hard really. Dremel the Saiga sporter FSB off, or use a press

I put my own 74 FSB on a 7.62 Saiga about 10 years ago when Saiga conversions were the only way to get AK74M or AK103 type rifles. Pretty simple once you understand what is happening and how the tools work

And this is great advice from one of our wisest members

Quoted:

A lathe would be preferred, but a small pipe cutter would be better than a Dremel, IMHO. Far more controllable, less likely to mess up an original barrel.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And this is great advice from one of our wisest members
View Quote

Flattery will get you everywhere, sir.

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top