Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2016 3:05:04 PM EDT
Recently got a 5.45 VEPR sporter from AOA. In the process of doing a partial conversion. Removed the thread cap, and the muzzle device detent pin is siezed. I fiddled around a bit thinking maybe it was just hung up. Is the standard detent pin and spring used? Is a longer pin driven in to block the hole? I would like to avoid removing it if I can. If I can verify that it is the standard parts and just siezed I will look into trying to free it up short of taking the FSB off.

Not sure if I am going to replace the front wood unless I just have a few bucks I can't figure out how to spend. Polish launcher / brake most likely going to be replaced with something else.

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#1]
On my Vepr 762x54r when I took the cap off the pin was spring loaded and stuck part way out. I used it when I installed a brake.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Sometimes simply shooting the rifle will be enough to jar the detent pin loose.  It has worked for me in the past.

A few taps on the FSB with a rubber or plastic mallet to jar it loose works sometimes as well.

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sometimes simply shooting the rifle will be enough to jar the detent pin loose.  It has worked for me in the past.

A few taps on the FSB with a rubber or plastic mallet to jar it loose works sometimes as well.

View Quote

I will try that.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Apply some light penetrating oil on it and stand it up in the corner overnite.

You could use a small brass punch to push on it and work it loose.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Apply some light penetrating oil on it and stand it up in the corner overnite.

You could use a small brass punch to push on it and work it loose.
View Quote

I just wanted to make sure it was supposed to have a spring before working on it. I have another FSB from a neutered rifle that just had a plug in the hole. It is marinating in Kroil.

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top