Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/10/2012 10:27:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RGIFFOUR]
I found out the 54R and 308 need some mods to make the hammer fit..

So I contacted Dinzag Arms for some assistance..

My factory trigger was gone for 6 days.. so he could use to make me up a TAPCO G2 to match the profile.

Heres what he sent back to me..

Factory on left.. Modified G2 on right.

Modified and slightly polished G2 on left.. factory on right.

Modified G2 on bottom.. factory on top.. notice the nice machined notch in the hammer..

He smoothed out the G2 on the surface and the release area..

Literally a drop in.. I didn't have to modify my safety lever either..

Just make sure to install the lever with the hammer DOWN so that the lever can clear..

He said he will be putting these already modified up on his VEPR page later this week.

FCGVEP3 is the TAPCO G2 single hook and he now has the FCGVEP3DS which is an Arsenal 2 stage as well listed half way down the FCG Page.

Breaks clean.. no grit... dry function check 100%..
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 10:45:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Liquidmetal] [#1]
I have modified/polished Arsenal 2 stage triggers in both of my .308 Veprs.  The hammer rework is relatively easy, someone with basic mechanical skills and tools shouldn't be afraid to tackle the job themselves if they are so inclined.  Having the factory hammer as a template/guide makes it very straightforward.
It's good that Dinzag provides the service for those who don't want to tackle it for whatever reason.

Link Posted: 10/10/2012 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I think that the G2 triggers are some of the best feeling triggers on the market for AK's.
Link Posted: 10/14/2012 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Update..

I shot with the new trigger today.. 60 rounds of 147 and 60 rounds of 182gr.. no issues.. 100% smooth and perfect..  

Now I need a scope..
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I know nothing.  Just started in firearms, lots of research pointed to the VEPRs as the best in their lines (within reason, and not spending 5 figures, or even 1500), my first gun was the VEPR 12 that I got in Jan.  I now have a VEPR 223, a 308 and a 762X39 either in jail or on their way to jail (10 day wait in CA, sucks I know, that's why it's called jail).  I don't have any idea about triggers.  If they were modified to be the same, wouldn't they function the same?  Must be a diff in spring?  Metal weight?  two vs single action or is that only handguns? See, I know nothing. They obviously don't function the same, or you would not have gone through the trouble. Can you give me a brief explanation of why you didn't like the factory FRC and preferred the one you got?

That is IF you are still monitoring this.  I'd sure appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 9:21:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RGIFFOUR] [#5]
I did it mainly for the 3 US Compliant parts (922r crapola) in case I wanted bigger mags or to change the stock and such..

The trigger is smoother on all accounts and since I've done my prior Saiga rifles with the G2 I felt kinda keeping everything the same made sense.

I added a muzzle brake, stock, handguard, etc..

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top