Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2012 2:18:24 PM EDT
I have felt the need to keep a reliable, functional in harsh weather conditions,308 semi auto around.  
A few years ago I bought a  Saiga 308 ver. 21,from Cadiz in Ohio.  I've always liked the wood and the thumb hole stock.  

Kvar has these good Vepr prices, that aren't going to last.
Since I can't have both, should I keep the Saiga and try to forget the Vepr, or sell the Saiga and get the Vepr?

What do you guys think?

Think I may put it up for sale
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I would keep the Saiga, and save for the VEPR. You probably won't get much from selling the Saiga anyways - you can get them new for $500.
Link Posted: 3/3/2012 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I have felt the need to keep a reliable, functional in harsh weather conditions,308 semi auto around.  

It would seem to me that the Saiga would meet all of those requirements.  The Vepr will have nicer wood, better fit and finish, and might be slightly more accurate.

I like the Ver. 21 rifles, I almost bought one locally a few months back.  It was tough to walk away from, but I already have two .308 Veprs so I couldn't justify the purchase.  The .308 Saigas are somewhat crude compared to a .308 Vepr, but still perfectly functional.  I guess it depends on what you really want and are willing to pay for.

Link Posted: 3/3/2012 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#3]

It is kind of crude, but has great looking wood.  The saiga is a nice rifle. Since it doesn't get used, my feeling is that I might as well have something nicer sitting around.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top