Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/25/2006 9:40:56 PM EDT

I just added a red dot to the WASR.  Anyone else running this setup?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it. The red dots are real functional. I'm running a tasco acudot on a similar mount. Popped an 8 point buck with it in November

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:04:13 AM EDT
[#2]
i think your fine. if you want bling paint it gold
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i think your fine. if you want bling paint it gold

I was thinkin of putting some of those fuzzy dice on it
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I had the almost exact same setup on my WASR...have you noticed that the red-dot is quite high? On mine I had to add a shim on the back of the mount to tilt the red-dot downward a little to be able to adjust my point of impact on center at 25 yds....Plus the red-dot that I had on it was of questionable quality...I ended up switching it out for a Kobra, and I'm alot happier about it....I hope you don't run into any problems with yours...I think what the problem was with mine is I had a cheap sight...Good-Luck! Sweet rifle BTW.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice setup. Not to Blingy looks good.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
...have you noticed that the red-dot is quite high? On mine I had to add a shim on the back of the mount to tilt the red-dot downward a little to be able to adjust my point of impact on center at 25 yds....

I took it out to the forest today and found that it was shooting low.  I did some adjusting but did not bring enough ammo to zero it in.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:15:07 AM EDT
[#7]
For a second  thought you put a M4 stock on it....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope looks good.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a pic of my old set-up...if you look real close, you'll see a small shim on the rear of the mount between the red-dot and the mount...It worked ok, but I don't think the sight could hold up against the recoil of the AK, I would get it sighted in close, then suddenly it was off again...It didn't work too good for me, but again it is a cheap sight...it would probably be real good for a .22 or something like that without alot of recoil.

I'm sure yours will work much better...I really love the Kobra...it has a real small dot, and is deadly inside of 100 Yds. Good-Luck!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#10]
No worries.

That's not even what I would call "bling".

Besides...if you HAVE to mount ANYTHING to an AK...I figure a red dot is about all I could stand..

Looks good bro!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Thats not bling. Thats King. Nice rifle.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Im not gonna lie, that optic is going to break, i had one on my SAR, after 150 rounds the laser emitter broke, no workie no more.  So i replaced it with a hakko Tacpoint, on the same mount, that broke too after 220 rounds, now i have a kobra, works like a charm, i have more than 1500 rounds thru it with the kobra on, not only do the batteries still work, but the zero hasnt even budged lol, the damn thing just wont break!
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top