Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:21:39 AM EDT
How many of you guys have gone with the issued AIMS-74 look? Foregrip, folding stock and 74 style brake?  How do you like the FEEL of the rifle with that foregrip and folding stock?  Does it make bump firing easier or easier to control?  I never see pics of anyone actually using that foregrip...it's almost like it's just in the way, but it sure looks cool.

In the process of converting my plum ak-74 style sar-2 over to the aims-74 look.

http://avtomats-in-action.com/media2/Rom74025.jpg
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
While I like the foregrip, I don't like the folding stock.  I use the fore grip just to pull the stock into my shoulder.  My fingers are around the grip and my left thumb is pointing almost straight up and laying along the side of the handguard.  

This is what mine looked like before I went back to a fixed stock:

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you have to use US followers or floorplates to get the parts count right for the bakelite grip? Love that steel mag.  That's exactly what I'm shooting for.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
No I took the bakelite grip off right after the picture and put a KVar stock set on.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Not entirely correct, but close:

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How many of you guys have gone with the issued AIMS-74 look?...

Looks klike you've found the excellent pictures on Tantal's "Avtomats in Action" site.

How about giving him some credit?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#6]
From the Romanian National Military Museum in Bucharest:

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top