Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:11:15 PM EDT
Anyone seen one of these? I had seen an M4 stock you could put on an AK aftermarket, but I was wondering if any were ever sold this way. How easy is it to remove the M4 stock and put either conventional wood or Romanian wire folding stock on in its place?

Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:45:46 PM EDT
M4 stock... on an ak???
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:47:12 PM EDT
NO. JUST. NO.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:03:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/9/2006 11:05:58 PM EDT by Eli822]
So you guys don't think I'm crazy...

If you put a regular wood stock on this what would it be?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:14:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Eli822:
So you guys don't think I'm crazy...

img470.imageshack.us/img470/9378/akleftside6cc.th.jpg

If you put a regular wood stock on this what would it be?

we dont think your crazy because we haven't heard of it, we think you're crazy because its ugly.
as i understand, its an easy switch- but really, dont put a CAR stock on there. it just looks like crap :(
get yourself a wooden stock, or if you want poly- kvar all the way.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:34:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MillerTime85:
M4 stock... on an ak???

thats what I was going to say
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:05:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 10:08:30 AM EDT by NeedMoreAmmo]

Originally Posted By AKLover_91:
NO. JUST. NO.
i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/onot/AK.jpg

+1

Не помещайте ТАPКО в работу красоты!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:39:37 PM EDT
The traditionalist will always tell you the AK is only looks good with wood. I happen to think they are the ugliest girl at the dance no mater what dress you put on them! I also happen to like the collapsable stock and find it very functional. I added a cheek risor on mine to get it the right heigth but now it is perfect. If you want it go for it! You paid for it, don't worry about what others think.

I like mine!it's not pretty but it is functional.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/timc/SAR1withlaser.jpg
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:48:03 AM EDT
thats not true at all. there are definate things that the ak looks good with. it looks good with an ace stock, it looks good with wood, it looks good with a metal folder, it looks good in poly. it just doesn't look good with a crapco m4 stock on it. if you are going to go the distance with the m4 stock, go the distance and get a ACE one, they look really swell and you can make a darn sexy gun.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:11:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By campat:
The traditionalist will always tell you the AK is only looks good with wood. I happen to think they are the ugliest girl at the dance no mater what dress you put on them! I also happen to like the collapsable stock and find it very functional. I added a cheek risor on mine to get it the right heigth but now it is perfect. If you want it go for it! You paid for it, don't worry about what others think.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/timc/SAR1withlaser.jpg

go back to the AR15 side, bub
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:12:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 5:14:55 PM EDT by BulletBait]

campat
Post Number :: 18

TX, USA

You need to bump up your post count if you don't want it to be so obvious that this is a account.

[CAMPAT] Watch me stir some shit,..HEH, HEH...[/CAMPAT]

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:17:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 6:30:02 PM EDT by campat]

Originally Posted By BulletBait:

campat
Post Number :: 18

TX, USA

You need to bump up your post count if you don't want it to be so obvious that this is a h

i1.tinypic.com/n134wp.jpg

Sorry you feel that way, stirring up trouble by agreeing with the original post, I think not. I read a lot of good information here but don't post a lot, that does not make me a troll nor does a different opinion. I wonder about people with the onesided

My Idea or you are causing trouble people
. We are not all traditionalist and some of us do have different taste. I do however you may feel about my post respect your opinion as well as the person who started this thread. Too bad you can not.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:04:18 PM EDT
That is not for me. Hope you like it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:15:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By campat:

Oh, for the love of God! Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:30:46 PM EDT
I have one so that my kid can shoot my SAR 2. As soon as he can handle a correct stock, the M-4 goes away, and good riddance. If it works for you, great. If you can't wait to get one, God's speed to you. If a bunch of people make a crap load of money selling stars to The Sneetches, will all I can say is Yeh America! You go, spend money on gun things, take a kid shooting, and if you don't want one, well I won't sell you mine when I am done with it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:40:51 AM EDT
Anyone seen one of these? I had seen an M4 stock you could put on an AK aftermarket, but I was wondering if any were ever sold this way. How easy is it to remove the M4 stock and put either conventional wood or Romanian wire folding stock on in its place?

Thanks in advance...

Ignore the armchair commandos. If you like it and it works for you, go for it. I am waiting on a folding stock for my AK to arrive in the mail. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:48:47 AM EDT

No bottle opener? What good is that!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:07:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mykrowyre:

Because putting a "bottle opener" into a rifle is a felony
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:43:14 AM EDT
Personally, I think they are an abomination to what I like in an AK.

HOWEVER:

It is your gun, your money, and your finger on the trigger and your cheek on the weld. So the question is: does it help you shoot better? After all, it's what comes out of the muzzle and where that impacts that counts. Or, do YOU think it looks cool?

It's your gun, bro, and none of our opinions should change your mind about what you like. And certainly not if it helps you shoot the weapon more proficiently. I am more od a traditionalist for styles, so I try and keep mine stock. But hey, I'd shoot yours at the range regardless of what accessories you have on her!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:41:56 AM EDT

i'm not sure i follow. how is that?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:23:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cigolon:

I think it's sarcasm.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:17:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tapeo1:

Originally Posted By Cigolon:

I think it's sarcasm.

No, it's a stupid joke referring to how an AR lightning link looks like a bottle opener.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:28:24 PM EDT
I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:23:46 AM EDT
It's legal if it's an American bottle opener.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:57:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 7:57:51 PM EDT by DenverShooter]
Take a look here, some options for you to see.

AK Stocks

Hope you find something that fits your preference. Just remember that the weapon has to do what you need it to do. You decide how it needs to be configured to meet that need.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:21:32 AM EDT

Eli822 -

Yes, I have seen them for sale at Dunhams with the M4 style stock installed. I personally don't like the way they look on an AK (especially when they leave the front HG wood), but it did make the rifle shoulder better (way more comfy for my size, and sight alignmnet was much faster) than the std Romie wood stock.

It's your $...do what you want. When I do my build I will be going more traditional...no M4 for me.

--Otter
Top Top