Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/9/2006 6:55:10 AM EDT
cleaning rod from falling out?Any pics of some easy fixes?I'm in CT so NO flash hiders
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
You can always try some gorilla glue.  Its pretty powerful stuff.  How does it fall out anway.. Are you twisting it to lock it into place after you put it in? And if its a problem, you could just leave it out of the rifle and at home, Although I don't prefer that, because it definately looks cooler with the rod in it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
You know when I said gorilla glue in that last post, I was just being an idiot, but now that I thought about it, it doesnt sound like that bad of an idea...  It is the cheapest and easiest fix that I can think of... Obviously if the cleaning rod is falling out repeatedly, then the metal tabs that hold it in place are worn or damaged... and if your not a machinist, and you dont want to spend a lot of money on something this trivial.. you should glue it.. The reason I say this is that I am guessing that you clean your rifle at home, and not on the battlefield...  So since you clean your guns at home, there is actually no purpose to have the cleaning rod in the rifle besides cosmetic.  So if you want a cheap and easy fix, just order a spare cleaning rod for a few bucks... And superglue one into its proper place and use the other to clean the rifle.. And it should still be removable as long as you dont coat the whole rod in glue.. Just put a dab on the end of it that goes in first... And you should still be able to remove it witha little force if you ever decide that you no longer want a cleaning rod glued into your firearm.  
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top