Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:48:51 PM EDT
What are if any differences?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#1]
the big thing about them is-
the sar is a imported high capacity magazine. the wsar is a low capacity magazine that has been converted.so, the sar is able to naturally fire double stack magazines while century has to file down the magazine well and get it right for the wsar to do it.

as a result of this, the wsar can have mag wells that aren't perfect and dont fit every magazine(without a quick and reallllly easy modification with a dremel) and it wont have the dimples on the side of the reciever the sar, and most other aks, have.

other things to note, because of the time in which the sar came in, it had to be following the AWB. as such, most of them that i've seen dont have a threaded barrel. you'll have to thread it yourself or pay someone to do it. the wsar comes with threads and the muzzle break on it. but the people at century have messed up some of the threads by crossthreading the break on there. basically, one is a 'no-ban' and one is a 'ban compliant' weapon.

what are you looking at?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Already traded for a SAR. Any ARFCOM dealers sell AK parts? I need the retaining plate to replace the shepards hook.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Already traded for a SAR. Any ARFCOM dealers sell AK parts? I need the retaining plate to replace the shepards hook.

www.redstararms.com
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#4]
the wasr IS IMPORTED AS A DOUBLE STACK SINCE LATE 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The WASR trunnions have been standard since some time in 2004, but the receiver is still milled out once it gets on this side of the pond.  Original WASR-10's had very narrow trunnious and would not accept a standard capacity magazine without some mill work.  Then Century wised up, so to speak, and started importing with standard trunnions but single stag mag well openings in the receiver to meet the letter of the law.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The WASR trunnions have been standard since some time in 2004, but the receiver is still milled out once it gets on this side of the pond.  Original WASR-10's had very narrow trunnious and would not accept a standard capacity magazine without some mill work.  Then Century wised up, so to speak, and started importing with standard trunnions but single stag mag well openings in the receiver to meet the letter of the law.

ah. i didn't relieze that. thanks for the info :)
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I've never heard this before.

2 years late in the news? Damn, i'm laggin behind.

Where did you hear this?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I don't think so....but I'm a newbie here so I'll let others chime in on this one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't think so....but I'm a newbie here so I'll let others chime in on this one.

that's a good one.......

You're about as new as Mikail himself
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:02:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hr

hat

You're about as new as Mikail himself hr

Not by a longshot.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top