Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/28/2006 12:29:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 10:29:29 PM EDT by dcobra23]
I just swapped for a nice SAR2 and it came with 5 bakelites. How do I know they are ok and what make are they. I also want to ask what mags feed good and where to get them. It also has an after market trigger in it and the stock trigger in the bag. Whats the difference and how to tell what make trigger it is.

Thanks all you AK experts in advance.

Chris

Hooked on these things now!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:11:15 PM EDT
how do you know they're ok? well, if it doesn't say "made in the USA" its fine.

communist guns hate that 'USA' crap.
i'm more than certain your mags are perfectly fine. load them up, burn threw them and be fine.

as for what feeds good? anythign you give it. this isn't your mothers AR15, this is an AK.
buy the cheapest, dirtiest, ugliest ammo you can- load it up, shoot it, and laugh.
the ak is a dirty whore, and deserves to be treated like it. it wont mind.

look to see if there is a "G2" markings on the trigger- not sure what the RSA triggers have on it.

is this your first ak?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:09:17 PM EDT
A RSA trigger will have four set screws in it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:49:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 3:59:00 AM EDT by dcobra23]
Yes it is. My buddy has several and he never really liked this one very much, said it couldn't compare to his 762x39 models. I was ichin to grab one up for several years now and glad i traded for this one. I will post some pics later. these mags I have are the typical rust colored AK74 mags I have seen for sale yet I know or have read there are E German, bulg, Romanian etc. i was looking at a mag deal for 12 mags for $39.00 here http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=322642 Next I see these 74 kits have black furniture yet the pistol grip is bakelite. mine came with a black grip on the gun and the stock grip in a box of spare parts. Personaly I think it looks better with the brown grip. The serial number is very low and it was made in 99.

Originally Posted By Cigolon:

i'm more than certain your mags are perfectly fine. load them up, burn threw them and be fine.

as for what feeds good? anythign you give it. this isn't your mothers AR15, this is an AK.
buy the cheapest, dirtiest, ugliest ammo you can- load it up, shoot it, and laugh.

look to see if there is a "G2" markings on the trigger- not sure what the RSA triggers have on it.

is this your first ak?

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:55:15 AM EDT
jump on that deal, quick and fast as you can. its a good one and you always need more mags. especially when they are that cheap. you'll regret it if you dont- the only reason i haven't is that i dont have an ak74 and i'm a whore for 47(i've got stacks of mags for them though).

i can't wait to see the pictures- welcome to the dark side; you'll have another ak soon.

Originally Posted By dcobra23:
Yes it is. My buddy has several and he never really liked this one very much, said it couldn't compare to his 762x39 models. I was ichin to grab one up for several years now and glad i traded for this one. I will post some pics later. these mags I have are the typical rust colored AK74 mags I have seen for sale yet I know or have read there are E German, bulg, Romanian etc. i was looking at a mag deal for 12 mags for $39.00 here http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=322642 Next I see these 74 kits have black furniture yet the pistol grip is bakelite. mine came with a black grip on the gun and the stock grip in a box of spare parts. Personaly I think it looks better with the brown grip. The serial number is very low and it was made in 99.

Originally Posted By Cigolon:

is this your first ak?

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:27:21 PM EDT
this isn't your mothers AR15, this is an AK.

LMAO THATS THE FUNNIEST THING IVE EVER SEEN ON THESE FORUMS
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:31:36 PM EDT

its true :)
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:27:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SLAPhAPPY1:
this isn't your mothers AR15, this is an AK.

LMAO THATS THE FUNNIEST THING IVE EVER SEEN ON THESE FORUMS

Me too! That is sig line amterial right there!

the AK-47--the street whore of the gun world. Not the prettiest, or richest one out there, but she gives it up EVERY TIME like a clock.

GR
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:53:27 AM EDT
Your buddy is crazy for giving up that SAR2, she's a beauty even if she is a whore. At first I liked my WASR because it was 7.62... then I shot the SAR-2, and wow. It's now my favorite...

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:06:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 6:08:48 AM EDT by dcobra23]
Yeah but he has so many toys he never got to mess with this one. I figured I had some spare parts to trade for it so I snatched it up. The only thing I see is it hated EG bakelite mags. I am going to try the Bulgy circle 10s. I will be in search of ammo today for the next range trip. I was wondering if I should go with plum furniyure on it. I kinda like the look.

Originally Posted By mykrowyre:
Your buddy is crazy for giving up that SAR2, she's a beauty even if she is a whore. At first I liked my WASR because it was 7.62... then I shot the SAR-2, and wow. It's now my favorite...

Top Top