Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/6/2006 12:56:51 PM EDT
Ok I finaly got one since Copes got some in stock a few days ago. I had a little trouble installing it but it's on, just turned my rifle upside down and it wen't right in. Now it's on there how do I get it to fold? The lever on the bottom won't budge and the sling mount won't either. I sprayed some Rem oil and it still won't budge, I have some CLP and break cleaner somewhere not sure how much better they will work. Is this normal with the Romy side folders?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I had to move the sling mount with a screw driver/plyers but it did move over to the other side. My pushbutton pushed down with no problem and swung to the side and locked in place fine.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:28:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe I got a lemon. I'll play with it a little more if I can't get it to fold I'll call Copes.  Thanks!

(Edit) I guess the rem oil worked, picked up my rifle after it sat all night, button went down and stock folded and locked in place. Glad I don't have to send it back.

Quoted:
I had to move the sling mount with a screw driver/plyers but it did move over to the other side. My pushbutton pushed down with no problem and swung to the side and locked in place fine.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:22:19 AM EDT
[#3]
How does it look? I ordered one from Cope too but couldn't really tell from the picture how they looked.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How does it look? I ordered one from Cope too but couldn't really tell from the picture how they looked.

My folder is in great condition and the finish on it is the typical Romanian rifle finish.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:20:47 AM EDT
[#5]
cope?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:35:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
cope?

http://www.copesdist.com/ak47.htm
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:36:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Got mine today from them.  I was wondering if anyone put thread lock on the screws to keep them from backing out?  I had a little trouble to get mine to fold just put a little oil on it and it works fine.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.copesdist.com/

thanks, ordered it.

i've been putting off buying one for a while- but i had better do it or i'll regret it for a while to come.
who knows when they're comming back or how much they'll cost- but i'll certainly grab them if they do.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Got mine off gunbroker for $55 about a year ago, I guess I can buy another there if I miss out on these.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Got mine off gunbroker for $55 about a year ago, I guess I can buy another there if I miss out on these.

there are a few sites that are selling them for 55 or cheaper now, should have waited a few days but oh well. 10 bucks wont kill me. there is a thread about it in the main ak section.

here is a hotlink
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

there are a few sites that are selling them for 55 or cheaper now, should have waited a few days but oh well. 10 bucks wont kill me. there is a thread about it in the main ak section.

here is a hotlink

Yeah that sucks, I figured if I waited I wouldn't of got one.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#13]
i got mine from copes today and as to the questions about look- it looks perfect. no problem with it locking.

the only problem i'm running accross is how i can justify being so evil
that and i can't put off ordering a wooden handguard from ironwood anymore, because it needs it.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top