Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/24/2005 3:32:13 PM EDT
Anyone have an easy way of removing the barrel pin?  I have pressed out 2 yugo barrels, and they were easy compared to this romy pin. I just keep bending drift punches.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
What I did is spray penetrating oil all over it and put it in the basement freezer over night.

Then the next morning my buddy held the receiver while I pounded it out(10lb hammer)

We tried to use the press, but almost got a punch stuck in my face when it flew out under the pressure of the press.

Its best to have a buddy or a good vise, as this and getting out the rear trunion rivots were the hardest part for me, well that shepard hook was a bitch too.

Good luck
FREE
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
No wonder XO has that sore thumb...
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Hehe

No actually I got the pin out at work.

The guy did look at me strange when I brought the AK barrel into his shop

we did break one of XOs 4" C-clamps putting the barrel in. I gave him a Pelican Taclite for helping me so hopefully we are even

FREE

Quoted:
No wonder XO has that sore thumb...

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top