User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#1]
the handguard is marked, the pistol grip is marked, and the stock is marked, they all have made in the usa on them. It does also have a G2 FCG, I know this because the builder asked me if I wanted it. Decent price for a decent gun, a lil high but mine's is also a lil better quality then a lot of AK's i've seen on here, Finish wise and sights and cant arent all screwed up. I know I have a at least decent if not great rifle,a lot of my military friends told me it was actually great because of the things I just stated. I dont know. thanks for you thoughts though, lolh.gif
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an e. german and my only real complaint is it gives the face a little spank.  If I put my cheek in real tight like on the wood stock it's got a little sting but no biggie.  Otherwise I like it.  If I do alot of ak shooting I'll use the mak90 with the kvar stock.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't know if he delivers as its a local pawnshop but I just picked up yesterday 25 boxes of Wolf 122 gr. HP20 round boxes. Not to mention I got these at just $2.50 a box, I don't know if thats a decent price but after looking around on the board I see that I got a good deal. I have his contact card if anyone wants the information.
BTW  I'm in Kansas City, Missouri
Here's a Pic of my rifle for those of your not in the Romanian Board:)
img445.imageshack.us/img445/4631/kgroup5pa.th.jpg</a> img445.imageshack.us/img445/8323/akoutside14wi.th.jpg</a> img445.imageshack.us/img445/2391/akunfoldedoutside4kz.th.jpg</a> img108.imageshack.us/img108/1569/gp19oj.th.jpg</a> img223.imageshack.us/img223/6569/romaniangpwasr100fy.th.jpg</a> img497.imageshack.us/img497/3792/myak7wc.th.jpg</a> img497.imageshack.us/img497/4396/meandmyak1ku.th.jpg</a> img497.imageshack.us/img497/6098/kay864oi.th.jpg</a>

2.49 a box at any gander mountain... Its about the average price and about the most I would pay for wolf.  I really hope the day comes again when we can get barnual and golden tiger again for around or just a little more then wolf, but cleaner and more accurate.  What other guns do you have?  I know that you didn't just get an FFL just to buy the ak.. you gotta have other stuff.  And by the way, some good ammuntion sources are the following.

www.sportsmanguide.com
www.ammunitionstore.com
www.aimsurplus.com
www.ammoman.com
www.dansammo.com
www.cabelas.com
www.midwayusa.com

Since you seem to be pretty new with aks, ill give you a little 411.  Wolf ammunition and all other cheap russian ammunition is in short supply right now.. And back ordered at many places.  So if you see it selling for a decent price, buy it.. Whether you need it or not.. you will eventually use it. But the good news is that the shortage is only supposed to be temporary until military contracts are fufilled. Many of those sites may not have 7.63x39 in stock, but it may be on back order.  Sometimes the deals are great, and others not so great.. You gotta shop around.  Me personally, im pretty good on ammo for a little while although I would like to have a little more 7.62x39.. I have about 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39, 5,000 rounds of .22LR, about 450 shells of various 12 gauge loads, 480 rounds of 7.5x55 swiss, and about 300 rounds of .32 S&W long.

Congrads on the ak though, it looks good.  But personally, I prefer the traditional wood furniture, although it looks like firewood out of the box, a little sanding, staining, and polyruthane will produce some beautiful results.. Plus when you rapid fire 3 mags thru an ak with wood furniture, you can smell the sweat arome of the wood cooking :P.  To each his own though, nice looking rifle. When you gonna strip that nasty finish off the charging handle to please us traditionalists?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top