Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/10/2005 9:52:10 PM EDT
After taking my wasr to the range for the first time I noticed looking at the rifle that there is just a little bit of red goo like stuff around the firing pin. I used wolf 122 grain HP and I assume that the red stuff came from the bit of red that you can see around the primer in all the wolf rounds. I'm not going to worry about cause I know I could practically leave my AK in the snow and dirt for a few months and it will still fire fine and the ammo says non-corrosive but I'm just curious if anyone could shed some light on this or experienced the same thing. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Your guess is correct.  Its red primer sealer that has popped out or rubbed off at the shot.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Your guess is correct.  Its red primer sealer that has popped out or rubbed off at the shot.

+1 starts to build up in the reciver after awhile. I find Gunsrubber takes it off nicely.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 starts to build up in the reciver after awhile. I find Gunsrubber takes it off nicely.

brake cleaner is cheaper and works just as good.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Just remember if you use brake cleaner be sure and wear some eye protection.  You do not want any back spray to hit you in the eyes!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Problem with brake cleaner. is that more often than not, I find myself in a gun shop vs. a auto parts store or Walmart.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Problem with brake cleaner. is that more often than not, I find myself in a gun shop vs. a auto parts store or Walmart.

You must not drive a piece of shit like me then!lol

I drive by a Autozone every day.$2.79 a can and they run a two for one special once in awhile which they kindly advertise in the front window.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top