Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/1/2003 6:44:03 AM EDT
Does anyone make a rear peep sight that'll work on the SAR-1??? I usually shoot a peep better than plain irons, so I thought I'd ask...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:06:53 AM EDT
1) Krebs
2) Mojo
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 9:25:49 AM EDT
Where can I find them, please???

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:13:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By georgestrings:
Does anyone make a rear peep sight that'll work on the SAR-1??? I usually shoot a peep better than plain irons, so I thought I'd ask...

- georgestrings

This may work:

www.redstararms.com/index.htm?catalog.htm&1
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:35:42 AM EDT
Thanks - Actually, afterwards I ended up digging around and found the MOJO at Redstar, and found the Krebs Custom site, too - I just didn't post back to that effect - my bad... They're both nice peeps, but I think I like the look of the Krebs better - tell you what, though - I can tell by looking at it that if I could aquire another standard rear sight cheaply enough, that I could make a rear peep sight like those by myself, and save a few $$$....

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:02:15 AM EDT
The way the Krebs frames the front bracket makes for very natural centering of the sight line.
I am also considering a spare leaf and the 'right fastener' peep with some jb weld for an almost free upgrade.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:56:53 AM EDT
RS39 - Yeah, I'm thinking I can make one, too - only I'm going to use a small piece of steel tubing, and tig it to the spare rear blade instead of JB'ing it(I don't trust that stuff in the long term) - then cold blue the whole thing - shouldn't turn out too badly... The Krebs and the MOJO are really nice, but I'm limited by a lack of funds - I DO have tools, and welding equipment, though... I put a post on the general AK board looking for sources for a spare blade - I'll let you know if anything decent turns up...

- georgestrings
Top Top